Style Name: 2xLP4 to 6 Pin|Change
Price:£1.62+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 23 May 2011
It would appear that there are a batch of incorrect connectors going around at the moment, as this was the first one of many of these I have ordered that won't fit any graphics card available on the market today. The wiring is perfect, but the connector is completely the wrong shape to fit the power connector.

The photograph shows the "correct" 6-pin layout, with 4 rounded (R) pins and 2 square (S) pins, as so:
RRS
SRR
[clip]

but what I actually received was the following:
RRS
SSR
[clip]

which a simple Google search will indicate does not exist at all to fit any graphics card ever.

So I returned it, but I leave this review as a warning for anyone looking for this type of adapter: The correct ones appear to be completely impossible to find, email sellers first.
on 31 August 2011
It came in cheap packaging which wasn't correctly sealed, which basically opened like a sleeve. But the packaging isn't that worrying, as I have 2 XFX Radeon 6870s in CrossFire mode, and this cable powered both sufficiently. (I already had 2 6+2 connectors with my original PSU.)

NOTE: Although a few have had problems with their cables not fitting, mine fit snugly in to XFX Radeon HD 6870s (both of them, to be exact.) without any necessary modification. As far as I know all Radeon HD 6870s (no matter which retailer) have the same 2 x 6 pin input. Highly recommend these if your PSU hasn't got a sufficient amount of 6/6+2 pin connectors.
on 10 September 2012
I had to replace my PSU and the new one did not have enough power connectors for my graphics card. This connector fits perfectly and does the job, saved me from having to replace or buy another PSU.

Delivered quickly and no problems installing.
on 11 September 2010
I bought this adaptor to provide extra power to my PCIe graphics card (GeForce 8800) as my power supply had plenty of spare molex but no PCIe 6 pin power lead. The molex ends of this adaptor fit fine but the PCIe plug was extremely tight into the socket on the graphics card. Even though all the pins are the right shape I couldn't get it to fully insert. I was getting "insufficient power" messages from the Nvidia driver before but these have now stopped so it would appear that it is getting power through to the card so it is doing the job intended. Obviously it may be that the problem is with the socket on my card, not the adaptor, but even so I'm just going with a three star rating. Delivery was okay. can't fault the price.
on 8 January 2014
Reason for rating:
The adapter cable performs the desired function well but can be slightly fiddly to fit.

Target customer:
This cable is for anyone who has brought a graphics card which requires a 6-pin power input but the Power Supply Unit (PSU) doesn't have the required connector. The PSU also should have 2x molex connectors free.

Dislike:
The molex power pins are a little loose which can make it slightly fiddy to fit.

Note:
Plug each of the molex connections in a separate power chain coming from the PSU if you can. That way you won't put too much load on a single chain.
on 5 April 2015
Does as it says on the tin, It powered my Geforce GTX 970 perfectly :)

Cheap and works... what more can you ask for?
on 14 May 2014
Having bought a new graphics card I then realized that my Computer Power Supply PCI-E connection was only six pin and my new card was 8 pin. This little adapter was the simple solution. It seems to be well made, and is neither too long or to short for practical use. Recommended for solving this problem.
on 8 July 2013
Good little bit of kit at a low price, much better than getting a new power supply and works fine with my GTX650
on 31 January 2013
does ex what it should gave my computer a new less of life saved me a small fortune on a new power supple
on 10 October 2014
This is fine to run one graphics card. If you would like to run two, or cross-fire. Then I would recommend upgrading your power supply, or else it may blow the existing power supply. Most modern power supply would have overload protection.