5.0 out of 5 stars Works
It came in cheap packaging which wasn't correctly sealed, which basically opened like a sleeve. But the packaging isn't that worrying, as I have 2 XFX Radeon 6870s in CrossFire mode, and this cable powered both sufficiently. (I already had 2 6+2 connectors with my original PSU.)

Published on 31 Aug 2011 by Kaylesh

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as photo, not fit for anything.
It would appear that there are a batch of incorrect connectors going around at the moment, as this was the first one of many of these I have ordered that won't fit any graphics card available on the market today. The wiring is perfect, but the connector is completely the wrong shape to fit the power connector.

The photograph shows the "correct" 6-pin layout,...
Published on 23 May 2011 by Cyberdildonics

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as photo, not fit for anything., 23 May 2011
This review is from: StarTech 6 inch LP4 to 6 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Cable Adapter (Personal Computers)

The photograph shows the "correct" 6-pin layout, with 4 rounded (R) pins and 2 square (S) pins, as so:
RRS
SRR
[clip]

but what I actually received was the following:
RRS
SSR
[clip]

which a simple Google search will indicate does not exist at all to fit any graphics card ever.

So I returned it, but I leave this review as a warning for anyone looking for this type of adapter: The correct ones appear to be completely impossible to find, email sellers first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 31 Aug 2011

NOTE: Although a few have had problems with their cables not fitting, mine fit snugly in to XFX Radeon HD 6870s (both of them, to be exact.) without any necessary modification. As far as I know all Radeon HD 6870s (no matter which retailer) have the same 2 x 6 pin input. Highly recommend these if your PSU hasn't got a sufficient amount of 6/6+2 pin connectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars StarTech 6 inch LP4 to 6 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Cable Adapter, 9 Dec 2013
Hampy Mangat (Redditch, Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
Prefect for connecting my GPU in SLI mode. Will buy again and fast delivery too. These are required for connecting GPU that require its own power that the PCI slot itself

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tight fit but it works, 11 Sep 2010
Dave (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this adaptor to provide extra power to my PCIe graphics card (GeForce 8800) as my power supply had plenty of spare molex but no PCIe 6 pin power lead. The molex ends of this adaptor fit fine but the PCIe plug was extremely tight into the socket on the graphics card. Even though all the pins are the right shape I couldn't get it to fully insert. I was getting "insufficient power" messages from the Nvidia driver before but these have now stopped so it would appear that it is getting power through to the card so it is doing the job intended. Obviously it may be that the problem is with the socket on my card, not the adaptor, but even so I'm just going with a three star rating. Delivery was okay. can't fault the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 Pin PCI Express Power adapter, 20 Jan 2014
I bought my self another graphics card so I can play a few games I picked up a second hand geforce 9800 gt cheap but I never had the power connector in my computer case so had to buy one. I was not sure it was going to fit but every thing works perfectly with graphics card would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Good Price, 11 Jan 2014
Used it for a couple of weeks now and had no problems with it,Great price and good quality adapter unlike my last one that burnt out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs desired function well but can be slightly fiddly to fit, 8 Jan 2014
Reason for rating:
The adapter cable performs the desired function well but can be slightly fiddly to fit.

Target customer:
This cable is for anyone who has brought a graphics card which requires a 6-pin power input but the Power Supply Unit (PSU) doesn't have the required connector. The PSU also should have 2x molex connectors free.

Dislike:
The molex power pins are a little loose which can make it slightly fiddy to fit.

Note:
Plug each of the molex connections in a separate power chain coming from the PSU if you can. That way you won't put too much load on a single chain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 May 2013
Does the job intended and was just what I needed to finish assembling my custom pc. A decent price for a decent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 20 April 2013
Used this on a build with a cheaper PSU that only had a single 6-Pin, this allowed me to use a more powerful graphics card without the need of another PSU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits okay for me, 26 Feb 2013
Mr. J. S. Beaumont (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Used it as a replacment lead on a Nvidia 7800GT and it fits snugly. Some others have noted that it does not fit for them, so I was a bit apprehensive.

ARRAY(0xb33724b0)