5.0 out of 5 stars sensational taste
A trully marvellous film that I watched by accident on a plane to the States. I love this film and can watch it repeatedly. Mid-life crisis meets road-movie meets stag weekend, all with the sophisticated backdrop of a wine-tasting trip. It is quite hilarious in parts but also dry as a bone. The groom to be having to make up an excuse for his broken nose decides his best...
Published on 27 July 2009 by Re Shepherd

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
It wasn't the most enjoyable film i've watched and quite slow at times
Published 1 month ago by Mrs S J Foster-Collins

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't wake me until its over, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because of the reviews on the cover. It looked funny. I swear I actually checked the right film was in the box after watching it. It's pretentious rubbish, and the only laugh it gets is when it resorts to slapstick. Not funny, not good, wildly overrated. Waste your money elsewhere.

I was just trawling through some films I'd watched when I chanced upon this review that I wrote a few years ago! I loathed this film so much, I just wanted to say it all over again. Pretentious tripe.

4.0 out of 5 stars the dark side.., 20 Feb 2005
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
yep, great film! i watched this on the plane recently and found it hilarious. i think it comes out in cinema soon...i might go and watch it again. ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear of this film!!!, 8 Feb 2006
KC (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
Everywhere I went I kept seeing ads for this film with five stars and the word excellent plastered on it. Eventually I gave in and decided to watch it.
I was very disappointed to find myself bored and not the least bit amused. I feel most people gave this a good review based on the fact that the film isn’t your typical ‘Hollywood’ movie. But considering how bad this film is… it may have been better if it had stuck to the ‘Hollywood’ format.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching films that don't follow the ‘Hollywood’ stereotype, but this film just isn’t one of them. I recommend that anyone even considering this film should steer clear of it. It’s completely over-rated and there are far better films out there, which are actually worthwhile watching.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sideways, 22 Jan 2006
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
Truthfully, I hated this film. The chemistry between the male leads was missing. Whilst I'm not saying that the performances were poor, they were souless in comparison to the book. I made the classic mistake of reading the book and then watching the film. The book paints characters of depth and substance, and ultimately keeps the reader engaged, something that this film did not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull - where were the laugh out loud moments I'd been promised?!!, 30 July 2007
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
I feel like I must have been watching a different film to the other reviewers. This was an unbelievably dull film which was not funny or entertaining in any way.
I watched it with 4 other people, the age range being from 12 - 53 and not one of us liked it. We all enjoy watching films, especially comedies, but I fail to see the comedy in this!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 29 Jun 2014
Eddie (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
I neither liked nor understood this film. Therefore it is crap.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sideways, 23 Nov 2005
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
This was probably THE worst film I have ever seen, I nearly got linched for choosing it! Please avoid this film at all costs!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing - Don't Believe the Hype!, 30 Jan 2006
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
When I heard that this film had won a number of awards and was apparently pretty funny, I thought I'd give it a go. One hour into the film and I was wondering what the storyline was. All they seemed to do was go round drinking wine, some slight chuckles but nothing like I had been led to believe. If you have an hour or so spare that you would have spent asleep, stay in bed.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of 2 hours!, 31 Jan 2006
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
This is the sort of film you stick with thinking something will happen in a minute . it never did. The best part of this film is the scenery!

1.0 out of 5 stars if I could rate this zero stars then I would, 3 Aug 2008
Mr. G. A. Smith (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sideways [DVD] (DVD)
sideways has recieved many good reviews but i must write this as a warning to anybody thinking of buying this film. the characters are completely unlikable. Miles, the central character, although clearly wounded by a life full of regrets, remains grumpy, pedantic and quite frankly much too self indulgent and self-pitying for us to feel any affection for him. the wine chat which initially sparks some interest as it makes nice use of adjective prose quite quickly becomes dull and pretentious. wine chat also is not sexy and there is a particularly clumsy scence where this becomes painfully obvious.I generally like films which explore sensitive and gentle charcters but this was a terrible diasapointment and if i had the choice again i would save my four pounds. and i promise im not a miserable sod, well i was a bit after watching this film, but not in general.

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

Sideways [DVD]
Sideways [DVD] by Alexander Payne (DVD - 2005)