5.0 out of 5 stars Destination: Beautiful?, 18 April 2005
Sarah "beautifullycomplete" (Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everglow (Audio CD)
If Mae's destination was beautiful for their debut, they've certainly reached and surpassed it with The Everglow.
It's rare I bestow the full five stars upon any band or album, but I honestly think that this time, Mae are worth that accolade. With stand-out tracks such as the first single 'Suspension', the melodic piano and touching lyrics such as that of 'We're So Far Away' and title track 'The Everglow', Mae have a sure-fire winner with both fans of their previous album and new audiences.
The Everglow has something to appeal to everyone, and I defy anyone to contest that. Look beyond the tiresome 'emo' label and recognise this band for what they are - superb. The harmonies are for pop lovers, the guitars are for indie lovers and the beautiful incorporation of piano is for any fan of real music. If you buy this and dislike it, I'll give you your money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing journey, 28 Aug. 2005
C. Rice (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everglow (Audio CD)
Listening to this CD is like going on a journey. Its a story and each track flows into the next. I love putting the whole thing on and hearing it all the way through. Its a kind of slow emo style hence some excellent meaningful lyrics. Its gets better each time I listen. I got this album after a recommendation because I like Copeland and I would have to agree with some similarities so if you like Copeland give these guys a go.
The Introduction track has a narrator on it which some people have said they hate - fair enough. I kind of like it as its kind of the beginning of the story. There's the epilogue at the end too which some people also don't like. But even if you don't like these you've got 15 tracks in total - none of which I ever skip when listening (and I get picky about doing this with my CDs). Its quite long as well - 1 hour! So, a bargain. Buy it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't put into words how wonderful this is!, 6 Jan. 2007
Benny "Penn" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everglow (Audio CD)
I bought it after being recomended to it from an online music site which recognised that I had been listening to the likes of Copeland, Death Cab for Cutie, Anberlin and Ellison. If you like those bands then DEFINATLEY get this album, it's AMAZING! I believe it is possibly the best album I ever purchased - it's beautiful. I've listened to it every single day since I bought it(about 7 months ago) simply because I can't get enough of it's amazingness! ARGHHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as........, 12 Jun. 2005
Mr. M. C. Pattinson (Alnwick, Northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Everglow (Audio CD)
From the first listen this is as good as anything out there. I have been listening for a lot of years and I promise this is good music! From the first to the last track you'll enjoy every minute and at over an hour long worth every penny. This is class and I want to see them in the UK. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars one the best albums ever, 21 Jun. 2007
Mr. S. T. Wilson "dizwod2" (Gatwick, UK) - See all my reviews
Mae are trully a great band, i discovered them in early 2005 when they played the Give it a name show in london, so i downloaded some stuff before the gig and had to instantly buy this album.

then later on i bought this one for the extra songs and DVD.

The album definatly is not a let down.

The extra tracks dont add any value if you already own the album, but if you dont own it go and do so now :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost brilliant, 26 July 2005
This review is from: The Everglow (Audio CD)
This is almost a great album - but pleeeze! what is all that tosh at the beginning and end with the kermit voice-over? Don't try to do a concept album guys, it looks like a bad sixth-form art project. Fortunately it is all redeemed by the quality of the song-writing and some fantastic harmonies. So skip the first two tracks and the last - and then you'll have a 5 star album

The Everglow
The Everglow by Mae (Audio CD - 2012)