Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 September 2012
Just what would Handel have thought of this? Two great Russian pianists playing his work? I imagine he would have marvelled at their pianism. This is just the way he would have played it had the piano been around in his day. Richter and Gavrilov make a stunning combination. Apparently when they listened to the playback even they could not always tell who was playing! As for the coughing another reviewe complained about, I hardly detected it. Just enough to tell it's recorded live. More important is that the playing is so live.
on 7 November 2015
Excellent
on 19 January 2012
Perfect music but alas the coughing was so loud that I thought someone had broken into the house at one point and that there was a man in the lounge (I was listening from the kitchen). Will have to try another recording. Such a shame as this composition was excellent.