5.0 out of 5 stars Class
Terri Walker surpasses herself on this release. I have had ait a few days and this and Keisha White's "Seventeen" have been on 'repleat play' ever since. Beautiful, evocative, sublime grooves bounce out of the speakers and warm your soul the way only truly soulful music can. Highly recommended.
Published on 14 Nov. 2005 by M. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars I have to agree I'm dissapointed
I hate to say anything bad at all about our Terri, but I can't lie in saying this album is fantastic, as it just isn't. Untitled was one of my favourite albums of all time and after seeing her live and even meeting Terri I thought she was such a nice person and I was totally excited about her new CD.
Then I heard the single, Whoopsie Daisy and thought exactly that,...
Published on 7 Sept. 2005 by lajonic

3.0 out of 5 stars I have to agree I'm dissapointed, 7 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Then I heard the single, Whoopsie Daisy and thought exactly that, it sounded a bit too Jamelia-wanna be for me and did not display any real quality like 'Guess You Didn't Love Me' or 'Drawing Board' from the last album. I, like other's here supported every single even though I had the last album and refused to copy this CD for anyone, instead encouraging them to buy it or even buying it for them!
When I bought the second album, I just heard some nice pop tunes that drifted along without causing me to feel any real emotion and I have to say I've played it twice and haven't picked it up since. It is very true that Terri's voice has really improved since album one and that 'This Is My Time' is a good track from this CD.
In my opinion, the best thing that could happen for Terri would be for her to leave the record company she is at and go somewhere like Dome who would nurture her true soulful talent, I really hope we get the chance to hear more as I'm not giving up on this girl yet!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Class, 14 Nov. 2005
M. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars A Big Dissapointment, 9 Aug. 2005
V. Ryan (London Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Terri's debut album "Untitled" is one of the best I have in my collection. I've seen here live and she is amazing, I've bought the singles even though I had the album, just to show my support to such an amazing UK talent. I've been eagerly waiting for here 2nd album. But what a massive disappointment it has been.
Pure and Simple, the music is just not as good. Her voice is great, and has certainly developed even more, but the songs are on the whole quite average.
When I first put the CD the first track "This Is My Time" blew me away. What an amazing track, and I was nodding my head and saying that this is your time Terri. It uses a sample which Angie Stone uses on her newest album on the track "Lovers Ghetto". Its superb.
A great start. "L-O-V-E" is track two and again it's a good track. Not as good as track one, but still good quality and at this stage im still very hopeful for the album.
What happens on track 3 I don't Know. "Whoopsie Daisey" is very poor. Its total pop trash. It seems obvious that she was going for this Beyonce thing. But your Terri! Your better than that. I don't begrudge her an shot at trying to crack the charts but this song just seemed like selling out.
Ok so one bad track, doesn't make a bad album.
Track 4 "Hurt By Love" is one of those album fillers and the first downbeat track on here. Nothing special.
Track 5 is "What The Hell" and another slow one. But its awful. Its not Terri. Her voice even sounds different. I read her in an interview saying it's the record company who wanted this one and that she doesn't even like it! Its such a shame she has gone like this.
"Slow It Up" is track 6. A reggae track predominantly. Don't work for me. Not the Terri on her debut album.
"Star" is alright, but not quality. Track 8 though brings back some of the good. "Aint No Love" is the real Terri.
The fun funky girl with the amazing voice. This is a tunnnne.
"The Woman you Want" is track 9 and is another slow one. But its much better. Again vocally she is right there. "Yes I Do" isn't a bad song either. In fact its quite good and a real soulful number.
Overall
This girl is such a talent but it looks as though she has been told what to do by the record company after her first album slumped (despite it being nominated for a mercury it sold under 50,000 copies) she seems to have lost what attracted me to this talent.
Hopefully next time around it will be her influence in her music.

5.0 out of 5 stars UK soul shows the States how itshould be done, 1 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
An album that Beyonce would probably kill for, this CD serves up the best slice of funk that the UK has to offer. Neo soul may have been done before but not to this standard.
Mostly co-written by Terri, this is a personal, well produced and slick affair of the heart. You'll be dancing, singing, crying and then be buying her first album too.
Overlooked yet again by the fickle British market, a very missed opportinity to own something special

2.0 out of 5 stars Dismal n dissapointing, 3 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Met this artist at one of her shows and was impressed by her performance and stuff when she first came out.
Loved the first album it had great lyrics and music and her voice sounded really good; so naturally i went out and bought this one.
Result? absolute dissapointment.
The album was nothing like what i expected. It was far below the standard of the first; and the songs were just really lacking! All poppy and cheesy and quite frankly lost. It was just so drastically different from the first album style.
Yes her vocals had improved but there was no similarity whatsoever between the first and the second album to indicate progress.
The standard of the songs on this new album was just completely different.It was almost like a completely different person and artist!
Had a look at the credits and noticed that the writers from the first album who seemingly wrote most if not all my fav tracks on the first album; which were around five including drawing board were not featured on this current record.
Perhaps thats a good indication as to where all the good music went!
Not giving up on her though, hope she hooks up with some better writers next time round, or maybe uses the ones from the first since they clearly had a better grasp on what good music is supposed to sound like!
see yah.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Really good, Love her voice. She has an old style which missing these days

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 May 2015
Not bad at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Terri is fantastic, 9 April 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Think this album is da best. Her voice is even better on this album. She has a strong soulful voice. Her songs are fantastic and medelodic. she just not appreciated enough in her own time. This is real r and b music at its best. BYE IT NOW

Love
Love by Terri Walker (Audio CD - 2005)