5.0 out of 5 stars magimix le micro-great little machine
At long last I have a machine capable of chopping small quantities well! I would say, though, that it would be better not to try to grind cloves as this scoured the plastic bowl. Otherwise no problem with nuts, herbs, onions, garlic, ginger etc and none of the funny smell of my previous Dualit and Kenwood machines.
Published on 4 Jan 2010 by M. Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, just don't expect longevity
Published 13 months ago by esf666

4.0 out of 5 stars As described thanks, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
Product was brand new and perfect as described - does a great job - very happy with it and would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Have, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
After purchasing the Magimix processor I decided to continue with this mini chopper. Excellent, easy to use and clean. I've made salad dressings in it so easily which is what I wanted it for. I have also made sweet n sour sauce and chilli sauce in it. Just throw the ingredients in and let it chop then I swap the blade for the mixer blade and a blend it through, so easy. Great addition to my kitchen would not be without it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, just don't expect longevity, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this product 6 years ago and it has now completely given up the ghost - after only 3 1/2 years the lid cracked and had to be replaced at a £10 cost then a few months ago the spindle stopped rotating. Now I have a 5100xl as well which had a button failure so as I had replaced that myself quite simply I decided to open up the Micro and when doing so noticed that a plastic "gear" had snapped, the trouble is they mould the holding around it so even if I could buy a spare (& you can't) it would be irreplaceable.
This may all sound over the top but a £60 unit should last longer than a few years especially considering its light use?!

3.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS...EXCEPT FOR..., 6 Jun 2011
M. Thurston "Polly" (Lincs England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great little number except for one thing...I find the lid and bowl removal very awkward...its as if it is mad for left handed people.I wonder if anyone else finds this to be so. This one thing spoils the machine for me somewhat..and not sure whether I should keep it on this count. Otherwise..no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magimix does the labourious chopping up labour for you!, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
This was bought as a spare for an elderly relative whose wife is disabled with MS and the food needs to be minced up in order to help her to swallow the food. It does a consistently good job so he asked if I could get an exact same spare. (Edit 12/2013: I am puzzled why 1 out of 2 people did not find this review helpful - maybe they clicked the wrong icon as it reads fine to me so I cannot think of anything to amend and incidentally the new spare has not been used and the one in use has been used daily for years so the product is excellent.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 13 April 2012
D. Harris (Lake District, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
I had one of those mini chopper things from Kenwood. It was very annoying - stuff kept getting stuck under the blade. I ended up chucking it in the bin.
This little puppy however is totally different. It's well worth the extra money. Does everything you would expect - plus it blends powder into liquid very well - which is something that's harder to get right than you would expect (protein drinks for example). My top tip however is put the liquid in first - then the powder and it comes out perfect every time. In short this is a great little product and worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Amended review, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
I am amending my original review from a 5 to a 2* as every time I use it I am becoming more disillusioned with this gadget. Today for instance I tried to grind coriander, cumin, fennel seed and cinnamon to make a curry base and the micro hardly damaged the seeds!! I transferred them to a manual T&G spice grinder and in less than a minute they were ground to perfection. Also after imagining it would be great for mayonnaise type dressings I find that it virtually impossible to dribble in the oil due to the design of the lid.

Tonight I tried to break down some raisins for my home brew in batches and again was disappointed as short pulses did not work and had to give it long blitzes instead.

In fact the only thing I find it is of use to me for is grinding walnuts etc for baking.

WISH I HAD NEVER BOUGHT NOW!!!!!

Below is my original thoughts unedited original thoughts about the Micro Magimix and realise I wrote it to soon after being pleased with the way it had prepared my nuts for baking that night and honestly believed it would live up to my expectations having previously had the full sized model for many years.

I would have bought the full sized magimix to replace mine that wore out recently after many years faithful service but now have a kenwood major with most of the attachments. I have bought this primely for making mayonnaise style sauces as the major processor does not have a small enough bowl for normal portions but is great for party quantities. I used it the first day it arrived to chop nuts as I was baking for a family wedding and it was excellent - easier/quicker to assembile and the nuts chopped more evenly than using the mini mill on my major.

The recipe booklet leads me to believe that it is aimed at preparing baby food and feel Magimix could have included more ideas for adults.

Having said this I expect most people like me will have their own favourite recipes that they can use in this brilliant gadget. For me it is the perfect size for making 1 days supply of mayonnaise type dressings especially as coming up to BBQ/salad season and that means I can justify making a different dressing every day without wastage. It will be great also for varieties of pesto and I will be trying small amount of batter eg. enough for 2 large yorkshire puddings as I normally use my major liquidiser which to be honest is too large for a 1 egg mix and really needs a 2-3 egg mix due to its large size.

Hope this is useful to you as I have tried to be honest and told you how I have found it and the types of uses I feel it will be of most use to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does good but not excellent job, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
It chops ok, but not evenly, leaving some chunks intact. Blades still sharp after few months of constant usage. I like the pulse function, but not sure it is really useful. It is a decent compromise if you don't have a big budget to spend

4.0 out of 5 stars Need new bowl and lid, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Magimix Le Micro Mini Chopper (Kitchen & Home)
We LOVE this little machine and use it to make pesto, chop vegetables, make crumble and much more. We have worn our bowl and lid out and need to replace. I have looked on amazon.co.uk without luck - can someone send me a link to the replacement parts ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014