5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk CompactFlash 2 GB Extreme III
Simply put, this is the best card I've ever used. I have four of these and have used them in the past in a Canon 20D, now I use them in a 30D and 5D and the speed is exceptional.

Published on 21 April 2006 by Mungo

2.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk CF card
Purchased this card approx 30 months ago. Used about a dozen times with no problems but on my last photo session the card developed an error... A rescue disk was supplied with the card but this just flagged up a major error.
I guess all my photos on that card are now lost for good.
Have written to Sandisk with details about date of purchase etc so it will be...
Published on 26 July 2010 by I. D. coulter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk CompactFlash 2 GB Extreme III, 21 April 2006
Mungo (Jersey, Channel Islands, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash 2GB Memory Card (Accessory)

In the 30D the write speed is amazing, depending on the conditions I can shoot up to the full 30 jpeg frames in one burst until the buffer is full, the speed at which the camera's buffer memory dumps the images to the card is phenomenal. Usually within a couple of seconds the buffer has dumped the jpeg images to the card and is ready to shoot again.

There are faster cards out there, and I've used different brands in the past but for me Sandisk's reliability is the clincher. In the last 3 years I've been using exclusively Sandisk cards I've never had any problems.

I shoot mostly motorsports, action and nature photography where the reliability of your gear can make or break a shot, and in my opinion Sandisk cards are the best there is and I wouldn't use anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of equipment, 10 Aug 2005
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I purchased this with my new eos 350D. The write speed is phenomenal, I estimate 7mb a sec, due to the speed of the write on the CF card, and the buffer being flushed so quickly to card, I can take upto 20+ consecutive shots, I only tried 20, I'm sure i could surpass that, if I continued.
I thoroughly reccommend this card more so than anyother, just alone on it performance and reliability, I have not lost one shot and i've taken thousands by now.
It is slightly dear, but if like me you use it on safari's etc, then there is no denying this is the only card to get, I reccommend 2* 2gb CF cards, as the 4gb Card is slightly slower in read/write obviously due to the higher capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, fast speed., 9 Dec 2006
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I think the key thing to consider with memory cards is their durability and their speed and it's just then a matter of deciding on size.

The Sandisk has both these qualities in copious amounts!

A 2gb card is hardly classed as large these days but it gives me something in the region of 200 RAW shots on a Canon 400D which is pretty good. Switch to highest quality Jpeg and you're talking about 500+ shots. Have you honestly taken more than 500 shots in one shoot? Me neither. And if you're taking shots on a sub 10 mega pixel camera you'll fit even more on the card! Still - I would love an 8gb card!

Speed is excellent; the extreme III cards are rated at 20mb/sec write speed. Dumping a full buffer from the 400D onto the card takes around 12 seconds - impressive stuff.

The card comes with a disk of image recovery software should your card ever fail and a little pouch that can hold 2 cards - very handy!

Great card!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the marginal extra cost, 1 Sep 2007
PB (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought various cards from "discount" retailers and while none of them have failed or corrupted my images, I thank my stars that I always keep the Sandisk in my camera as my first choice card. I switch to the cheaper cards on the (rare) occassions that I run out of space on the Sandisk. I recently took some 150 images in New York - a very rare opportunity for me to capture. I was very pleased with the work and transferred it to my PC then reformatted my CF card (in fact, reformatted twice). Only a day or so later, my PC died and I needed to re-install Windows from scratch. Unfortunately, my images had not been backed up to an external drive and I had lost them completely - remember the cf card had been re-formatted, too. However, Sandisk's Rescue program (free with Extreme cards) was superb - it found all my images on the card and I was able to re-import them to my HDD with no fuss, and no loss of quality (only the filenames had been changed, but that was no great hardship).

If I spent an extra £5 on the Sandisk card over a no-brand alternative, it paid for itself 100x over in that one instance. Superb quality card and great additional benefit.

The speed of the card is great - I shoot in RAW only, on a Canon DSLR (8MP) and the card flies through writing and transferring, using USB 2.0. However, the speed is not a huge issue - the cheap cards are not noticeably slower (what's a few seconds really?), but the fact that "lost" images could be recovered is priceless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Card, Good Price!, 18 Nov 2006
Mr. Warren Gill (Guildford, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a Canon 400D DSLR, works perfectly & it's very quick! I haven't found any delays on the camera yet and that's on the highest quality setting.

This is an ideal card for a high megapixel camera such as the 400D and as it's a Compact Flash card its easily used in other devices as well as the camera or when it's not in the camera, use it for transferring plain data/photos between computers.

I'd check that price as well, I think you're going to find it hard to beat, Jessops want £100 for this one in the shops!

So If you need a CF card this is a good one to go for..

Go on treat yourself... You know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought my Second!, 26 Nov 2006
S. J. Cooper "kebabselector" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these cards back in Feb 2006 for £80, thought then it was good value. Now at £45 it's time i bought a second.

2gb Gives me around 130 images on my Eos 5D when shooting in Raw mode. For JPG it's around 350. Superb card the buffer on the 5d clears quite fast with this. The newer Extreme IV might work quicker but at the moment the costs are a little too high for me. If you want speed and reliablility then i'd recommend this card. (also get if from a reliable source i.e Amazon, that way you know you'll be getting an original not a copy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Nikon and Canon Digital SLRs, 13 Aug 2007
This is the right 'high' speed for all Nikon and Canon Digital SLRs, in fact it surpasses all the Canons and all but the very latest Nikons that support PIO5 Compact Flash transfer standards.

To get less technical, this card is faster than the card reader inside all Nikon and Canon Digital Cameras. You can buy an Extreme IV but the camera won't be able to make anything of the extra performance, you may notice the difference only if you have one of those expensive Sandisk Extreme IV card readers and then only when transferring the data off the card to the PC. It makes no difference to the camera writing to the card.

Also the price is excellent! Two 2GB cards are cheaper than a 4GB version of the same Extreme III!

And having smaller (if you call 2GB small) cards help protect your pictures in shoots in case the data gets corrupted, the card is guaranteed but the data may not be. Having had cards go on me in the past, I was glad I had two cards where one failed rather than lose all my pictures had I only had the one higher capacity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card, 26 Oct 2006
John W. Kramer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this card for my Sony dSLR, and it really is an excellent card. Very fast transfer rate with no perceptible delay in transferring from camera to card, this really helps with the burst rate possible on the Sony. Given the size of the RAW files in use (10 to 12 Mbyte) and that I use that mode all the time, it really is incredibly fast, and has proved very reliable thus far.

John

5.0 out of 5 stars The best just got cheap!, 17 Sep 2007
Mr. M. Deere "Mike Deere" (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I first bought one of these when they were first launched a few years ago, and even at £80 I was very chuffed with this purchase! Now that their down below £20 it's unbelievable.

These memory cards are blisteringly fast and very reliable, I've still not had one die on me or go corrupt. Even if one DOES eventually die on you, Sandisk include their excellent recovery software which does an incredible job, although the only time I've had to use it is on some of my cheaper unknown-brand memory cards! Enough said really!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, good capacity and very cheap, 7 Oct 2007
Darren Simons (Middlesex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
There's not much difference generally between the different brands of Sandisk but I would recommend the Sandisk Extreme III for the following reasons:
- Good brand, so should remove any fears of photos getting lost
- Very good value for money (at time of writing this review it is half the price of the Extreme IV)
- There's not that much difference between the III and IV versions, with the performance improvement only coming into consideration if you have a camera which takes advantage of the IV's design, and even then it only matters if you are taking photos at such a frequency that your camera's buffer is not capable of handling it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›