on 31 December 2005
This lovely computer has all the power you need while manageing to squeeze it, into this tiny enlosure. The laptop has firewire 400 and usb 2.0 connections allowing you to plug in all your devices such as printers, iPods and digital cameras. The networking side is covered by Wi-Fi ,Bluetooth and ethernet but the main reason to buy a mac is the OS. Mac OS X is, put simple the greatest OS avaliable. Its really easy to use (even if your migrating from windows) but still allows you to do all the things you would want to. This PowerBook as with all new macs comes include with the hugely well rated iLife software, which takes care of all your movie, music and picture editing and organising needs. And when your finished you can burn it to DVD
Ive had my 12" PowerBook G4 for 18 months now and I have to say I have had no problems with it all. Its a pleasure to use, which it has to be because I use it everyday and it does eveything you can want from a computer.
on 4 September 2005
In early 2005, i left the realm of virus infested, crashing, error messaged and boring windows XP. Only to enter the world of sexy, stylish, easy to use apple mac. I dumped my old dell notebook for this, sleek compact yet powerful machine. I have had no problems of any sort as yet, and am extremely pleased with my powerbook. The FULL SIZED keyboard is really an excellent idea and provides brilliant typing capabilities without cramping the hand. The slot drive and scrolling trackpad are only a few of the cool surprises you receive along with it. If you work in an enviroment that requires extreme portability, reliability and stress free operating system, then this is definetly the computer for you!
on 3 April 2006
Two years ago I was using windows 98 and it was rubbish it crashed almost every day and if it wasn't crashing it was running so slow it was unusable so as any naive person would do I bought a new computer now with XP on it.
It was so bad I returned it to PC World in 2 days the combination of the fisher prise look and the user interface that makes you feal like a two year old! No it had to go so I bought a PowerBook G4 which is now my prise possession it is breath taking the fusion of looks ease of use and power not to mention the software the come already to use it is simply the best computer in the world.
It took me two hours to set up the XP computer and it took me three minutes to set up and be on the Internet on my PowerBook!
Ok you can't have all the PC games but you can get the main ones and they run brilliantly. Ok it's harder to find spare parts ime told but to be honest the build quality is so good you will never need them.
When I was using Windows I was forever getting viruses and spy ware I stupidly brought Norton for Mac and in the 2 years it has never found any viruses or spy ware it runs just like it did when I bought it. Why buy a low spec crashing dell or hp when you can have a beautiful Apple?