4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Personified
Published on 20 Oct 2009 by Mrs V

1.0 out of 5 stars Two strikes out
Just about to return the second one of these units after it developed the same problem.
When empty it works with even the smallest of material inside say some basil leaves or a cup of spinach it doesn't. The motor spins but the blades barely move.
Published 14 months ago by Siegeism

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Personified, 20 Oct 2009
Mrs V (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
Not only is this a lovely looking item with a good weight and brushed stainless steel trim, it does a really good job of processing small amounts of wet and dry ingredients. The footprint of the unit is very small approx 4.5Wx6.5Dx8.25H inches. Liquid-wise it holds 500ml to top of spindle cover (but probably not practical to use this full with liquid because of the mess). I've chopped in one go - two medium onions cut into quarters + 2 large cloves of garlic left whole + a one inch piece of ginger cut in half and a handful of whole fresh herbs. The machine is fast and processed this amount by pulsing in approx 10 seconds without any problems and all processed the same no big bits stuck anywhere. It comes with a lovely little book and an even smaller spatula which is exactly the right size for removing processed items. There are recipes - Sauces: classic mayonnaise, aioli, béarnaise sauce, pesto, vinaigrette, crème chantilly; Dips: hummus, guacamole; Fruits & Drinks: cinnamon and pear compote, mojito.

I didn't buy for grinding whole spices as I already have an excellent grinder (Krupps Twin Blade Coffee Mill) bought for this dedicated purpose over 7yrs ago, and as I cannot comment on this function one star removed. Have done mayonnaise, hummus and guacamole with texture for each spot on.

The Amazon Market Trader I purchased from provided a good service(Grand Gadgets), ordered Sat 17th at 4.45pm it arrived this morning 20th at 8.45am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased so far....., 14 April 2008
Mrs. Frances Oxford "Franzipan" (SE England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
I've only had the Chopper for a couple of weeks, but so far I'm very pleased with it. It looks very sleek and I'm happy with it out on the work top, rather than hiding it away in a cupboard.
Unlike other processors, it chops ALL the ingredients, as the blade reaches right down to the bottom of the bowl. I also love the dual function and the grind works equally as well - it ground a small handful of fennel seeds like a dream (which would be lost under the blade in a large processor).
Perfect in the dishwasher, as my large processor takes up a lot more space.
A very good buy and well worth the few extra pennies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swallowing problems solved, 25 Jun 2008
J. P. Fellows (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
This cuisinart product has proved to be an absolute boon. My wife came out of hospital having had pureed food for 6 weeks with the recommendation that this should continue for medical reasons. How were we going to puree small amounts of meat, vegetables, salad items and more, just for one person? Step forward the Mini Processor, it copes with everything we have tried in 6 weeks of use and does the job in seconds, including sirloin steak and even lettuce. It is easy to use, takes up little space in it's permanent place on the work top and is easy to clean. It might not be the cheapest but, for our purposes, it is definitely the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and bijoux processor!, 22 May 2010
RM/TM (UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
This little gadget is a big time saver. It can crush ice for cocktails, chop vegetable and herbs, and make salad dressings, rubs and pastes. It can also grind coffee beans and spices.

When I originally bought it, I thought I'd only use it for the occasional, more onerous task, such as chopping onions (which takes ages and makes me cry!). In fact, it's so simple to use that I'm almost going out of my way to find recipes that incorporate the need for food processing. Recently I've used it to make the the topping for a tomato tart (basil, mascarpone and parmesan blended into a creamy paste to spread on puff pasty, before adding tomatoes), and also to make a herb crust (apples, herbs, chili flakes, oil and lemon) to serve with pork escalopes.

The blades sit down very low to the base so that it's rare for anything to get missed when chopping. On the odd occasion it does, there's also a mini-sized spatula supplied to get down into the nooks and crannies of the bowl. Unlike larger processors I don't think it has interchangeable blades, so you won't be making dough or mixing cakes in this (it wouldn't have the capacity, anyway). But as a basic chopper and grinder, it's very good indeed.

Smart looks, with a brushed stainless steel finish, and a weighty and well-made feel. It's so small that you can leave it out on the worktop permanently, without it getting in the way, even in a small kitchen like mine. And it's very easy to assemble, disassemble and clean. I can't comment on long-term reliability having only had it for a couple of months, but so far, so impressed!

PS - If you use this to make cocktails you must crush the ice first, and alone, before adding any of the wet ingredients (no matter what the recipe says) - otherwise you'll end up with a terrible mess, since the violence of the ice-crushing forces all the liquid ingredients out through the holes in the lid! If you don't want a strawberry daquiri-coated kitchen heed my advice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
We have a larger Braun processor and a Kenwood stand mixer, but wanted something smaller just to blitz things like onions, garlic, ginger and spices as you go. We had the Russell Hobbs Marco Pierre Mini Food Processor which was okay but the motor burned out after less than a year. This item has a 5 year guarantee, and is actually a lot better at what it does (and looks better too). You can slowly pour liquid in through the top to make mayo too if you want.

Make sure you get the model that has a dual function chop/grind blade which goes in both directions, and as sharp one side dull the other, as there was one that didn't. This 2 way motion helps stop things getting clumped up on the sides. This is pretty good at grinding spices, but we have spent 11 or so on the James Martin spice grinder which is even better. Both items or left out on the kitchen bench next to the old fashioned (and far less used) pestle and mortar, and take up hardly any space.

Have had this over a year now - Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid item, 25 July 2013
Mrs. Margaret Little "Meg" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
I am in the situation, unusual these days among adults, of being unable to bite into and needing to pulverise everything I eat - so think of me as a one-year-old, if you like.
Speaking as a one-year-old (!) I must say that, of all the small counter-top food processors I've tried (and over recent years, I have encountered many) this Cuisinart is the best by a long way. It seems to deal happily with small quantities of any substance, proteinaceous or vegetable, up to about 400 mls WITHOUT - and this is the critical point - leaving about half the stuff unprocessed and sticking to the sides of the container. I think this must be because of its cleverly designed chopping blade, which seems to throw things back towards the centre of the unit.
Admittedly it's noisy, but so what? One hardly needs to switch it on for long - and a three year guarantee, that's splendid! Thank you, Cuisinart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chopper and Mini-Blender, 24 July 2009
L. Blair "LB" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
goodbye chopping onions and watery eyes! this is an excellent mini-blender for making pasta sauces or chopping/blending all sorts of onions, chillis etc to make curry sauce or simply because you dont want to chop them individually.

It holds about 1 tin of coke in volume so it would be handy if it it was slightly larger but all in all, you simply use it twice. easy to store, easy and safe to use. works a treat for 2 people who like home cooking their own dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 6 Feb 2010
A. Mepham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
I have tried quite a few small food choppers and this one may cost a little more, but looks great in the kitchen,so its worth it. Plus its also very easy to use, it chops onions very well and makes great breadcrumbs.I found the lid easy to get on and off, which was a problem with my small Kenwood one. The delivery was very very fast ordered late one day it arrived the very next day, and I also had text notification when it had been delivered. very impressed would use this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 20 Sep 2010
H. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
This is the only mini food processor with a hole in the lid for adding liquids (for making mayonnaise). The motor is really powerful, so it can only go continuously for 1 minute at a time though, so be warned. My only concern would be that the plastic on the blade appears to be cracking. It has a long guarantee, so I'm not too concerned. I love it. Despite this, I am still giving it a 5.

It's sturdy and looks great in the kitchen. It has a very small profile and all tuckes away nicely, so it just sits on the shelf.

I usually use this great little gadget for making hummous. I love the fact that you can chop in one direction and then blend in the other. It also makes tzatziki, aioli and all dips really well. I find it just the right amount. I also used it for finely chopping walnuts (walnut frangipane topping on mini damson tarts).

I cannot recommed this product enough. I think its great. It lives proudly on the shelf. Only my espresso machine gets more usage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two strikes out, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Cuisinart Mini Food Processor (Kitchen & Home)
The last unit I had for nine months this one I have had for five months. Due to my work I am away for months on end and when I do use it it is probably once a week for a few minutes.
The design in great for a small kitchen, it is tiny and blends as well as chops. When you turn it upside down the blades don't fall out but the build quality is poor.
I bought Cuisinart as in the States that is what you buy - my Mother's units seemed to last for ever but these new ones are awful.
The fact they have such long guarantees would suggest quality but I am switching back to Magimix.

Cuisinart Mini Food Processor