5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little item
Although it costs 1p, delivery was a few pounds, its still well worth it

It does exactly what it says, it allows two audio inputs.

I use it with my PC 2.1 speakers and have my Xbox 360 and PC hooked up. Some extra bits were needed for the 360 to work with the speakers but this little item was a godsend!

It can be used as a headphone...
Published on 10 April 2007 by B. Armstrong

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality best go with a known brand
The item has very poor build quality. The jack socket plate keeps falling off. The jack sockets are not nickel but covered with a metal surround. Inside the jack socket is plastic. The sockets are also very tight fitting.

Published on 27 Aug 2011 by DJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little item, 10 April 2007
B. Armstrong (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Although it costs 1p, delivery was a few pounds, its still well worth it

It does exactly what it says, it allows two audio inputs.

It can be used as a headphone splitter as well which is a good extra feature.

The one I got was good quality and the sound was perfect for me.

For what it is I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 1p I ever spent!, 8 Nov 2005
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
Well, technically it cost me £5.02 including postage. I bet this is the only thing you can order where the postage costs 500 times more than the product! It's a good thing everything else isn't like that!
Anyway, my review......
Not much to say really, it does what you expect it to, which is to split a stereo audio source into two stereo audio sources. As the name suggests, it has 3.5mm interface, so you can use it for headphones from, say, your mp3 player, or whateverer else you can plug it into. I'm using it for my PC audio, because I will be getting a widescreen LCD TV soon, and I want to be able to use it with my PC, with sound. This little cable will allow me to switch between my monitor and TV, and get stereo sound on either, without having to fiddle around with cables.
One other thing I noticed, is although this is meant to be black, the one I got is white. Not that this matters in the slightest, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Another thing, you have to push the connectors into the ends of this thing quite hard, until it clicks. I thought there was something wrong with it at first, because I was only getting mono sound, then I realized it needs pushing in quite hard. Remember this if you buy it.
I don't know how something so simple deserves such a long review, so to summarise, this thing is perfect and at 1p you can't go wrong. Buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 15 Oct 2009
R. Friend (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
Enough said, really. I bought it because I was tired of fishing around the back of my PC swapping from speakers to headphones, and potentially breaking the connection through overuse, which happened to the jack on the front. It doesn't impare the sound, or at least, I don't notice it. And it's small enough to fit through your letterbox, so you haven't got to get it from the post office when they deliver it when you're at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and fit for purpose, 9 Oct 2009
Snowball (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
I needed an adaptor cable to allow for a 5 speaker set-up to be used to connect to the headphone output port of my LCD TV (no other mode of audio output on the model of Samsung flatscreen I have would you believe, so was left only with the headphone socket :-(

As my speaker system was designed primarily for PC audio cards, it had separate left and right 3.55mm connectors. I therefore needed to combine both outputs into one to allow it to connect to the single headphone port on my flatscreen. This cable was therefore absolutely perfect for the job (albeit 'combining' rather than 'splitting') ... five stars all round!

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality best go with a known brand, 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)

The product is not a headphone splitter. It splits the audio in to left and right channels. Not a stereo splitter in to 2 stereo outputs as described on the listing. The output sound is also very low.

I have received 2 of these items thinking the first was faulty but the second the same.
No problem with a Belkin brand as sold on amazon. Best aviod this product and go with a brand. Also some sellers based in/ship from Hong Kong and postage is longer than normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3.5mm headphone lead extension, 14 July 2010
P. Raval (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
Very useful and cheap to keep plugged in the PC, the extension makes life easy to connect speakers without having to fiddle around for the green socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
Used this as I have only one sound output, to share between my headphones and speakers. Works fine and very reasonably priced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay while it lasted., 22 Jun 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
When I first bought this, just over two weeks ago, I found that I had to twist it a little bit in order to get it to work with my 3rd Generation iPod Nano, and it would proceed to work without problems. It had the same result as if I had plugged my earphones directly into the iPod.

Today, without cause, a small hole has appeared in the wire insulation when I was about to plug it into my iPod. From the hole emerged copper wires: Some of the wires have frayed and a couple of long ones are poking out.

There was no obvious way to fix it, so I put electric tape over the exposed wires in order to insulate it, and then tested it out with my iPod. The sound is now very poor quality and tinny (in both jacks), using the same iPod and earphones with which I'd previously tested.

I hadn't actually gotten any use out of it (I had hardly touched it), so it's disappointing that it became defunct today.

If you choose to buy this project, I hope that you do not share my experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap, 3 Jun 2010
A. Gowland (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
Do you want to be able to take one audio output and connect it to two devices?
Do you want to be able to take two audio inputs and connect it to one AUX in?

Then this cable will do exactly what you want. Build quality feels decent enough - connections have a nice firm click.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a headphone splitter, 15 Oct 2012
This review is from: 3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter (Accessory)
technically it does split up audio, but only in to seperate left or right channel, so when two headphones are plugged in it ultimatly downgrades the audio and does not function as expected. if you wish to have good stereo sound in both sets of headphones then dont buy this product. Not too bothered as ive only lost out on about £1. save your money and buy something else that works.

3.5mm Speaker and headphone Splitter