on 19 October 2009
I bought this item and the delivery time was very impressive and punctual; however, the cable itself looked flimsy and felt like it would break. However, when I used it for the first couple of days it was OK, the sound quality was OK with minimal interference, yet after a couple of times using it, plastic coating rode up and showed the insides of the cable itself. Then it frayed which affected the sound quality even more until it was so frayed that I could not listen to it anymore, I tried to keep it together with sellotape but failed (I am not very technical!). Therefore this item did disappoint me, especially seeing as though the service was very professional; it may just be my cable as there are many good reviews of it but, to me, the cables were not hugely substantial. Oh, and I did not mistreat the cable in anyway, nor was I clumsy, I have no idea how the plastic coating rode up.

Therefore, excellent service, unlucky/poor quality
on 7 April 2010
I purchased this because it had gold connectors and was a very goos price. The cable for my headphones had broken so I was seeking out a new cable to connect my MP3 player to them and at a price less than a pound, I felt I may as well give this cable a try. It's not anywhere near as attractive as the original cable and is very cumbersome - probably not really meant for this purpose, however it fit and works and until I can get hold of a new Audio Chi headphone cable at a reasonable price, this will do the job.
Good if you're skint, bad if aesthetics are your main issue.
Delivery was also pretty efficent too!
on 29 September 2010
Item cost 75p, great bit of kit, allowing me to listen to all my favourite songs whilst in the car. Would recommend this.
on 13 March 2011
As far as the product goes it's ok, the wire is very thin but if you include the price in that then this really is a good product. So why do I give it 2 stars you ask? Well it clearly states that the product is 1.2 meters in length when it isn't, it's actually only a meter, this is ok if you aren't bothered about the length but I actually needed that extra bit. I got in contact with the company who just told me to send it back for a refund, no apology no mention of postage being paid.
As it's only 75p there really isn't much point doing anything with it I will just have to either chuck it or adapt it, but why say it's that long when it isn't? Complete waste of my time.
If you don't need that extra bit and are aware it's very thin cable then I can recommend it.

I have a suspisious mind and I believe they could be charging you for extra cable whilst holding some back, may not be much to you and I but it makes a difference on bulk.
If I could give this no stars, I would.

With the service element, I accept that if you order something from a foreign marketplace seller (or a seller sourcing goods from abroad) you are subject to a bit of a waiting period - but 40 days?!

When the audio jack finally arrived, I was worried about how light and flimsy it all seemed. The rubber sheathing was of a poor quality and I was frankly surprised when I actually got reasonable quality audio.

However, after a mere week of using this in my car to listen to my SG2 (which sits just above the stereo, meaning the cable doesn't get much stress / tension) it fell apart, breaking away just before the plug.

Not happy, pointless purchase. Spend a little more money and get something more robust.
on 26 March 2011
You get what you pay for. Bought the lead to connect an ipod to the aux socket in my car. Product took a week to arrive in a small envelope with nothing else inside.

When I plugged it in the first time I needed to twist one end of the lead slightly as sound was only coming out of the left hand side of my car's speakers. After that it worked fine for a few days.

After four days the wires became detached from both ends, despite there being no wear and tear from using the product itself. Product now no longer works and has been thrown in the bi. I'm now seeking a more expensive one with gold plates.

Avoid and save yourself a quid.
on 2 July 2010
Some know that you get what you pay for. Well, reviewers do I'm sure. The product is cheap and the first cable I ordered was broken. It was so cheap that I binned it. Why send back a 79p item? Way too much hassle and my time is worth more as is the case for most including vendors I imagine. I did email the seller and did not ask for a replacement; However, to my surprise and within a day, I received a replacement cable which does work. That is good service. Top marks

The item was delivered in lightning speed and I thought great. Big disappointment when I tried to link my new mp3 to my new car stereo - both of which work perfectly (I bought a cheap run around and the stereo had to be changed). No music? I don't have great taste in music but having suffered with the radio for too long, something had to give.

Anyway, I received intermittent sound when I fiddled with the first cable. So, it went in the bin. The replacement works fine but I don't expect it to last long given the quality. Therefore, I have ordered something with a little more quality but not a great deal dearer. Duronic Auxilary Goldspec AUX-IN 24k Gold input lead wire cable 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack for iPod, iPhone 3G, 3GS, mp3 players and car stereo (1m)

You get what you pay for and, in this case,it will be a useful and cheap spare to have around. I would therefore say that if you buy a cheap cable like this, don't be too worked up if it doesn't work. After all, its very cheap and nothing lasts forever.

Those hooters in the world cup are doing my head in as well.
on 20 January 2011
got here within 3 days! But mine is silver.....not gold, i wouldnt be too bothered about that, if it wasn't faulty aswell! Whats the point in sending it back tho, more effort than its worth.
I bought this cable for connecting my Sansa Clip MP3 player to the car stero (Volkswagen) and to a variety of radios in the house (Pure, Roberts and Sony). It does all that I want it to with no trouble. No audible sound distortion either from poor connections of insufficient shielding. The cable is long enough to be useful without being so long as to be annoying. Have also used it to connect Ipods and Creative Zen MP3 players with no troubles. A versatile and now essential piece of kit.
on 6 October 2012
First try only got a very bad sound from the right speaker. Left speaker had nothing.
Checked continuity with a multi-meter (ohms). Common had 1ohm. Mid - right speaker had 1.5ohms. Tip - left speaker has infinity.
When I wrote this, 13 complaints of failure out of 127 reviews. That is 1 in 10 failures, 10%.
I complained to Amazon but they said they don't sell it, a 3rd party does, so they are not responsible and will not refund me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!