Published on 28 May 2012 by Victor

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality service, but it broke!
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by Tricky Tree

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality service, but it broke!, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
I bought this item and the delivery time was very impressive and punctual; however, the cable itself looked flimsy and felt like it would break. However, when I used it for the first couple of days it was OK, the sound quality was OK with minimal interference, yet after a couple of times using it, plastic coating rode up and showed the insides of the cable itself. Then it frayed which affected the sound quality even more until it was so frayed that I could not listen to it anymore, I tried to keep it together with sellotape but failed (I am not very technical!). Therefore this item did disappoint me, especially seeing as though the service was very professional; it may just be my cable as there are many good reviews of it but, to me, the cables were not hugely substantial. Oh, and I did not mistreat the cable in anyway, nor was I clumsy, I have no idea how the plastic coating rode up.

Therefore, excellent service, unlucky/poor quality

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Price But Not Ideal, 7 April 2010
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
I purchased this because it had gold connectors and was a very goos price. The cable for my headphones had broken so I was seeking out a new cable to connect my MP3 player to them and at a price less than a pound, I felt I may as well give this cable a try. It's not anywhere near as attractive as the original cable and is very cumbersome - probably not really meant for this purpose, however it fit and works and until I can get hold of a new Audio Chi headphone cable at a reasonable price, this will do the job.
Good if you're skint, bad if aesthetics are your main issue.
Delivery was also pretty efficent too!

3.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
Item cost 75p, great bit of kit, allowing me to listen to all my favourite songs whilst in the car. Would recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars good service, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
got here within 3 days! But mine is silver.....not gold, i wouldnt be too bothered about that, if it wasn't faulty aswell! Whats the point in sending it back tho, more effort than its worth.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after two weeks, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
Bought from Ukdapper and arrived promptly. Purchased to use in the car to connect to my phone. After two weeks or equivalently plugging in and unplugging 10 times, no sound now comes out of the left speaker.

I thought at the time that at only 70p it was a bargain. However I now have to spend the time to choose a different lead and listening to the left speaker in the meantime. Spend more money, there is no point buying this lead!

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty straight out of the packet., 6 Oct 2012
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
First try only got a very bad sound from the right speaker. Left speaker had nothing.
Checked continuity with a multi-meter (ohms). Common had 1ohm. Mid - right speaker had 1.5ohms. Tip - left speaker has infinity.
When I wrote this, 13 complaints of failure out of 127 reviews. That is 1 in 10 failures, 10%.
I complained to Amazon but they said they don't sell it, a 3rd party does, so they are not responsible and will not refund me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke With first use!, 24 Aug 2012
Connor Watkins (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
Dosen't look anything like the image and have actually used it once! just pulled it out of my laptop and the end snapped off so now i have a the end stuck in my mac! Service was really good, but product is shocking!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 mm stereo plug, 1.2 m cord - Cheap, cheerful, endlessly useful piece of kit, 28 May 2012
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
I bought this cable for connecting my Sansa Clip MP3 player to the car stero (Volkswagen) and to a variety of radios in the house (Pure, Roberts and Sony). It does all that I want it to with no trouble. No audible sound distortion either from poor connections of insufficient shielding. The cable is long enough to be useful without being so long as to be annoying. Have also used it to connect Ipods and Creative Zen MP3 players with no troubles. A versatile and now essential piece of kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Apathetic service, and then they broke!, 15 Feb 2012
southcoastreviewer (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
If I could give this no stars, I would.

With the service element, I accept that if you order something from a foreign marketplace seller (or a seller sourcing goods from abroad) you are subject to a bit of a waiting period - but 40 days?!

When the audio jack finally arrived, I was worried about how light and flimsy it all seemed. The rubber sheathing was of a poor quality and I was frankly surprised when I actually got reasonable quality audio.

However, after a mere week of using this in my car to listen to my SG2 (which sits just above the stereo, meaning the cable doesn't get much stress / tension) it fell apart, breaking away just before the plug.

Not happy, pointless purchase. Spend a little more money and get something more robust.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold (Accessory)
No point in trying this. As others have said - you get what you pay for. This arrived very quickly but there is no sound out of the left speaker, and what little sound makes it out of the right speaker is hissy. My iPod works perfectly using other cables, so it's definitely the cable's fault.