See You In The Morning
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£9.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 14 September 2005
This is truly an exceptional album. What is magnificent about it is its uplifting outlook and its intoxicating sound. This is real musical craftsmanship. Where many of today's dance album releases are hyped up in the music magazines as the best thing since sliced bread, this album truly lives up to that reputation, effortlessly. As for content and style, it's got a mish-mash of influences from folk to 80's via dance and back again. You'll find what you want to in it's rich complex textures. Each song is quite different and after several listens you start picking out the bits you like and then they just get bigger and bigger....
The album seems to be getting recognition due to the by now famous VW Golf advert with the 'Singing in the Rain' track, which is a good thing I guess, but once you listen to the entire album a few times many other songs seem much better.
I got into Mint Royale last year by reading reviews on this website about their other albums, hopefully this review might influence some to at least listen to this treasure box. Like this? Try Kid Loco - A Grand Love Story.
on 24 August 2005
I have a confession to make... I only bought this album for the Singin' in the Rain track. It is a catchy song that you'll be humming to yourself all day long. However, because I had the album I decided to venture into the other tracks and was really quite blown away by the musical talent of Mint Royale.
The first track, Wait For You, is simply a pleasure to listen to with its uplifting industrial sound that I would gladly dance to in the nightclub.
The "See You in the Morning" track is a truely inspired piece of work that is sheer bliss to listen to. I can't tell you what other artist or song it sounds like because I don't think it does sound like anything else. It's uplifing, yet chillout. It's loud, yet subtle. It's a great mix of vocal and electronics that will have you listening over and over again.
I may have bought the album for one song only, but my ears have now been opened to the sound of Mint Royale and they like what they hear and I think you will too.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This isn't just an album about one track, "Singin' in the Rain", there are other equally good tracks here too.
This is like a cross between "Lemon Jelly" and "The Chemical Brothers" in their more musical moments.
Not so fast that you cant lounge around if you like but has punchy dance beats running right through for those "getting ready for a night on the town" moments and house parties.
Haven't heard their other albums but am going to give them a try after hearing this.
on 23 August 2005
As a big Mint Royale fan for a couple of years now, I've been very eagerly anticipating their new album. I don't normally write online reviews, but this band deserve all the advertisement they can get (though to be honest, I do feel a bit overshadowed by the volkswagen ad..)
Here's a round up of the songs;
1. Wait For You - The album starts of similarily to Dancehall Places, with a big funky dance track. Not as good as Blue Song, but still catchy and would be a highlight of a lesser album. (8/10)
2. The Effect On Me - Love the beginning to this :) Then it starts sounding a bit like a Coldplay track (yuck.) Slow, pounding and takes awhile to warm up. Not as good as it sounds I'm afraid, even if you're a coldplay fan. (7/10)
3. Something New - I've fallen in love! The intro riff is sugar sweet, with the given melodic overtones setting in. But as you wait for the track to live up to it's name.. the rapping begins. Then comes some mildly R&B style female vocals. Although most sane people hate both genres like the plague, it's hard not to love this song. A bit like "Don't Falter" from the first album, maybe. (9/10)
4. Little Words - Nothing very remarkable about this song really. Very much like the more laid back tracks from Dancehall Places, except with female vocals. Which of course, is no bad thing. (7/10)
5. Singin' In The Rain - After talking with friends, this appears to be the marmite of music. Either you love it or you hate it, and you've probably heard it before so you can make your own mind up :) And me, well, I've got a smiiile on my faaace. Just wish it lasted a bit longer.. (9/10)
6. Harpy - Definately not as negative sounding as its title. Sounds like it was pulled straight off of 'On The Ropes'. Growing on me definately, playing it loud helps. (8/10)
7. I Don't Care - Me either.. very boring. Dark baseline, sounds like something from a high end 90s club. (3/10)
8. My Heart Is Beating Fast - Definately a song that grows on you. Wailing synth, simple beat, great electric guitar, let down slightly by the vocal track in my opinion. Possibly another 'marmite' track. (8/10)
9. See You In The Morning - It's hard to deny that this is a brilliant chillout song, really really good. But if you're not in the mood, you're gonna skip the track immediately. Overall though, Mint Royale doing what they do best. (9/10)
10. World - Like the song above, but of a much poorer quality. You'll really need to be in the mood to enjoy this one. (4/10)
11. Rest Your Head - A big chillout at the end with humming, plucking and apologetic lyrics. Half way through though, it sounds like some boy band (thinking Westlife or summat) crash the recording and spoil the whole thing slightly. (6/10)
Overall - Very Mint Royale :) With the advent of their third album, I think they've very safely defined their own 'sound'. A lot more chillout tracks, if that's your bag. Scanning through my notes about the songs though, the words 'not as good' seem to repeat themselves a couple of times. I'd say that's about as accurate as it could get for me. If you don't mind missing out on the Singin' in the Rain track and don't already have the previous albums, go buy Dancehall Places instead. Otherwise, enjoy another good album.
Hard not to say I'm slightly disappointed, but I get the feeling the album was rushed ever so slightly to promote the volkswagen ad track. A shame, but still definately worth buying :)
on 9 December 2014
And incredible uplifting album with many feel-good tracks, still love them as much as i did in 2005
on 16 July 2015
nice groovy tunes to drive along to! no road rage listening to this cd!