5.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this at your peril
I wanted to switch it off after 20 minutes but please bear with it. I'm not easily offended, but the slow opening scenes of cruelty and incest were nearly too much. It's about a simple man called "Bubby," held captive by his deranged mother in a room for his entire life of 35 years. He only knows his mother, his poor cat and the four, filthy walls of the room. His absent...
Published on 17 May 2007 by R. Tutt

3.0 out of 5 stars bubby
a very strange film couldn't really get into this film at all postage was reasonable and it was delivered quickly
Published 14 months ago by mad hat55

4.0 out of 5 stars pizza, cats,incest, gas mask and big baps galore, 6 Jan. 2015
sean paul mccann "mccanns23" (ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby (DVD)
This is a weird film, very weird, probably not that well known outside australia but i wanted to see it for years and last night finally got my chance. This is a smarter film than some may believe but its sick, its twisted, its creepy and its wrong but in all of that there is light, there is hope, there is something within the grime, i aint sure what the hell it is. bubby is the main character, 35 years old. always lived at home who never let him leave the house and abuses him sexually and ignores him in nearly every other way, he has little words in his grasp,his human skills are none and he isnt ready for the world outside but when he gets freedom his alien like ways shine out but somehow he functions by quoting things he hears on the street , there is a message in that also,is the english language so dumbed now that we can talk like cavemen perhaps. In this bubby sees the world and the world sees him, his odd ways start to connect and we build towards a strange future for the man himself. This film will stay with me for some time, at times i did want to turn it off , not because i was offended, just because i was thinking its too fxxked for me but it is so rewarding to stay the course and then reflect, a classic i think.

5.0 out of 5 stars You _have_ to see this movie., 18 April 2000
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [VHS] (VHS Tape)
One of the best movies ever made. Get it. Watch it. Love it. Can't wait for it to be released on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-missable!, 6 Feb. 2009
K. Higham "Media Fan" (UK) - See all my reviews
Despite the 1 negaltive review please buy this film if you like `thought provoking` film. This film is so well written. One of my favourite films of all time. It can be a bit harsh but PLEASE see it! Personally I find this film hilarious. Whole heartedly agree with the other 3 reviews. Master-piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars A film for those who like to delve deeply ....?, 2 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I saw this film one late Friday night just by chance -you know - when you just happen to turn a film on and decide to watch it just for the hell of it. My God! I was silenced by the whole content of Bad boy bubby(pretty unusual for me) At first I thought it was pretty disturbing but could not stop watching - hence the brilliant effect it has on you and your psyche. I love the mockery of society - language, values and culture encapusalated in Bad boy bubby, especially the birth of a 'cult' figure in Bubby. This film takes the viewer on a journey of weird and moving emotions.
I urge you to watch this film but be prepared and DO NOT turn it off in the first hour. FANTASTIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Genius, 1 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [DVD] [1993] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Give this film a chance have an open mind prepare for a few shocks,this is an outstanding film i found it to be one of the funniest films i've seen but also at times quite shocking but hey this is an Aussie film and we all know their humour? the acting is topclass. Buy it rent it you must see this film A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for all tastes but one of my favorite films of the 90's., 16 May 2000
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I first saw this movie back in 1994 as part of the Seattle Film Festival. I loved it then and have grown to think more highly of it over the years. There are many disturbing scenes but the film is also wildly entertaining. It will definitely gross out the faint hearted and be hated by anyone looking for a mainstream formula film. This movie explicitely mocks much about accepted values and cultures in such an intelligent way that I find myself thinking about it very often. I'm a huge film buff, I watch about 75 films in the theater every year, and when I recently found myself listing my 10 favorite films of the 90's, I decided to include Bad Boy Bubby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg!, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [DVD] [1993] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Been trying to get this film for years. A true classic cult movie. Hard to review. It's funny, weird, sad, freaky, and down right amazing. I guarantee you have never seen anything quite like it. After watching, all viewers have an odd look on their faces, which I think so mandatory after watching this movie. Worth buying if only to watch the reactions of the people watching lol. Give Bubby a try. Buddy be a big weird kid! X

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply disturbing, 23 May 2007
You know how you feel when someone tells you a joke that really shouldnt be funny because its so wrong, but you cant help but laugh?

This is Bad Boy Bubby.

5.0 out of 5 stars brillient film, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [DVD] [1993] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
i first saw this film on channel 4 years ago and after a search on google i found its name and imediatly ordered it.A funny and sometimes sad film with very remembrable parts.
But if your pruddish then dont watch it as sex all the way through it.
My two children ,one 16 the other 18 loved it.
Buy it, you will love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Boy Bubby, 1 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bad Boy Bubby [DVD] [1993] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
This film will not be to everbodies tastse as it does contain some scenes which some may or will find upsetting, however the story line is good very well thought out and a credit to the Director Ralph Da Heere, very funny scenes aswell as sad, a very good ending worth watching.

Bad Boy Bubby [DVD] [1993] [US Import] [NTSC]