Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 31 October 2006
This DVD takes a while to start because Disney programmed it to prevent you from skipping over some of the preview material. This is a pet peeve of mine, particularly on a children's DVD which, ideally, will be viewed over and over again.

The 123 section is ok, but the ABC video is poorly conceived. As other reviewers mention, the first part of the ABC cartoon focuses on rhymes. It does this not by focusing solely on the sound of the rhymes but instead shows you the words on several pages of Christopher Robin's notebook. In order for a child to appreciate this section, he or she really ought to know how to read already. Late, late, late in the video, the characters finally do a cursory review a few letters--R, P, O, T, E, and K. That's it. The first time we watched the video, my little girl turned to me and asked, a bit indignantly, "When come alphabet?!?" Of course she gets a certain pleasure just out of watching the Pooh characters on the screen, but pedagogically speaking, I think the Leapfrog LETTER FACTORY video, or something from Sesame Street (alas, regional code 1, usually), is much, much better for a child starting to learn the ABCs. Sesame Street's LEARNING TO COUNT or 123 COUNT WITH ME are also better for counting. Not just my opinion, but my daughter's, too.
on 19 December 2005
Winnie the Pooh ABC's and 123's is absolutely fantastic. It's a great way to introduce toddlers to letters and numbers without being too educational. Wonderful songs and storyline. The only thing I can fault it on is that it takes a good minute to start the DVD once you have bypassed all the introduction clips and adverts. Apart from that the actual content is brilliant. How about that - Fantastic, Great, Wonderful and Brilliant all used in the space of one small review.
on 7 January 2007
The 123's part of this is excellent. My son has watched it time and time again and now knows all his numbers from 1 - 9. There are songs and a storyline to keep him interested and he still enjoys it now.

The ABCs bit is not good. It only deals with a handful of letters - and capital letters at that - and rhyming words which unless the child understands what rhymes are and can already read is a bit pointless. We have watched it a few times, but it's not really worth it.
on 18 June 2009
This is an average DVD. Too short, a bit slow and does not hold the child's attention because its too slow. It is also split in 3 parts but when part 1 is finished, you must go a press part 2 or 3 and this again is a bit hard to figure out.

Overall, I wouldnt purchase this item or recomend it. Sorry to sound harsh, but not for a 2 year old.
on 13 July 2013
I have to agree with many of the reviews. Too much tedious introduction material that can frustrate an eagerly waiting toddler. 123s section is absolutely fantastic. My 2 year old has learnt to count to 10 very quickly from repetitive watching. As for the ABCs section - it's a pleasant little film and my 2 year old seems to love it but my 5 year old walks away even though he loves all other Pooh films. As for educational value, it's pretty random. I've not really paid a lot of attention to it but I don't think it runs the alphabet through at all which seems totally bizarre if you are fostering an understanding and a learning of the alphabet. Also the letters are kind of all over the place and only a selection of letters. There are far better programmes on children's TV. If anyone knows of an excellent ABC learning DVD though I would be really interested to hear
on 9 July 2009
My two year-old daughter loves this DVD. I'd be lying if I said it had turned her into a mathematical prodigy, but she's been able to count to ten (and higher) since shortly after we first got it. The songs are charming, and the fact that neither of the two stories exceeds thirty minutes means that you can watch it at almost any time without committing to a feature-length program. The voice of Little Roo (the featured character in the "1, 2, 3's" episode) can be a bit grating, but even adults shouldn't find repeated viewings too much of a chore.
on 13 June 2009
The text read well and the price was good. However the quality and the level of language needed for the 2 topics was not the same.

1,2,3 was organised to teaching about 1,2,3 in a story - ABC was not and came over confusing and my daughter swiftly lost interest
on 3 March 2009
My little girl loves Winnie the Pooh however the ABC version totally confused and became bored after about 5 minutes.
123 however was good and she enjoyed watching it
on 21 July 2010
I bought this for my 3 year old son, who walked away after about 5 minutes. The tone of the narrator sounds like a 100 year old man, just not interesting enough!!!
on 14 May 2013
The DVD was scratched and never worked! I was looking forward to my daughter watching it and was very disappointed to find out it was damaged.