5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shave cream - well worth the money
I upgraded my gel for a cream over a year ago, and combined with a good brush, you cannot beat the lather. I have heard so many comments on Sandalwood so decided to give this a go.

Published on 9 Aug 2011 by A. J. Parkes

1.0 out of 5 stars Its not as good as normal shave gels you can buy in shops
The smell s gorgeous but this reacted very badly with my skin. Its not as good as normal shave gels you can buy in shops. I read that using natural shaving cream is much better for your skin but I find it makes it twice as sensitive! Also even worse when using a DE razor!
Published 20 days ago by S. Bhat

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shave cream - well worth the money, 9 Aug 2011
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Just a small amount on the tips of a wet brush will produce a good lather that spreads easily for the razor to glide over, and it stays on the face long enough without it disappearing. The smell is very nice and clean, and after rinsing at the end, the scent stays for a while and it also tends to moisturise the skin.

This jar will last ages if you take the time to lather properly. Paying that little bit extra is worth it for a shave that is razor burn free. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 15 April 2011
Simon P. Speed "Simonarius" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
Until quite recently I had always used a disposable twin bladed razor with "foam" or "shaving Gel'..
A friend told me that nothing can compare to a "Real" shave so I went a little overboard by buying 2 DE (Double Edged) traditional razors and several packets of blades.
I also bought this Taylors Sandalwood shaving cream with a badger hair brush.
All I can say is I wish I had discovered shaving years ago..
This cream is smooth as silk and compliments the expensive merkhur razor superbly.
It turns a shave into an event that isnt to be rushed..
Take your time and wind down..Its very theraputic.

Excellent product. I am just about to order some more !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (sandalwood) Review!, 10 Dec 2013
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (150g, Sandalwood) (Personal Care)
I've used a few different shaving creams over the past two years and my favorite always use to be Proraso from the green tube, that was until i bought a tub of this two months ago. Before i talk about the actual cream i want to say a brief word regarding the tub. Firstly it is a screw top for added strength and weighing in at 150g means this is far more generous than other brands like Bluebeard's Revenge shaving cream which is only 100g and costs just as much.

I've tried three different fragrances so far including the lime, Almond and Sandalwood and have to say i prefer the sandalwood one the most with the fragrance being very masculine yet not overpowering. You can either rub your shaving brush into the tub very lightly or take a small almond size amount out with your finger and place it into a bowl to lather up. Only a small amount of warm water is required and i advise you allow your brush to soak in some warm water prior to shaving. Applying the cream direct to your face with the brush works equally as well, needless to say whatever your method you will find it lathers up very easily and in no time at all. Sandalwood smells like a wet forest, (think of all the mushrooms and fallen leaves off the trees and bark on the ground) that's certainly how i would describe it, although my other half would say it smells like freshly cut wood, so naturally i'm wrong and she's right!

That small amount of cream is more than enough to do 3 shaving passes (i.e. to shave your face 3 times). It's very lush and almost like a clotted cream once whipped up properly and allows the razor blade you are using to glide effortlessly across your face with no nicks or cuts unless you get careless!

PROS: Produces a lovely thick yet easy to use lather * smells lovely and masculine * Decent size tub * easy to lather even in hard water * screw top makes it ideal for traveling

CONS: Product wise there are none although it's not cheap but then again can you put a price on quality?

TIPS: you'll be amazed at how little cream it takes to create sufficient lather and remember to only use a small amount of warm water... you can always add more water later on if needs be.

VERDICT: This stuff is a must to at least try and my betting is once you buy it and try it, you won't be going back to anything else anytime soon!

Quality Product and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, far better than a can of gel or foam, 5 April 2013
Having recently started shaving with a safety razor I decided to do it properly and get the badger hair brush and a pot of this cream. It is an excellent shaving cream and works into a nice lather and provides a far better and more comfortable shaving experience than the usual foam or gel alternatives. Judging by how much I have used it should last for ages so good value for money as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent shave., 24 Jan 2012
I prefer this shaving cream to the more expensive brands and find I get an excellent shave with it,
the fragrance lasts a lot longer too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy tits, 16 Sep 2012
Well slap my ass and call me Judy. This stuff is incredible.

Literally just shaved with it, haven't even washed my face, and I'm writing this review.

Don't think. Just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good shaving cream., 9 Jan 2012
I have only recently started to use this type of product, and this is my first cream.
The best online resource I have seen is reddit.com/r/wicked_edge, there are some very well versed individuals there, and this is one of the names frequently bandied about, and with good reason.
Even to the inexperienced messer which I am, this stuff made a nice smooth thick lather, and for the first time, in my life, and I am 33 now, I am shaving without pain and blood becoming an integral part of the affair.
For full effect, it should be part of a kit, what I have gone for is the musgo glyce lime oil soap to start, proraso pre/post shave cream as an undercoat, this stuff as the lather, a 15c merkur stainless steel double edge, and , osma alum bloc, and to finish Baxter salicylic acid aftershave balm.
As I said, fifteen years of shaving, and failing, and this has finally done it. I self diagnosed as suffering from pseudofolliculitis barbae, had it multiply confirmed by fellow medical professionals, and was resigned to a bristly face forever, but it just doesn't have to be that way. Awesome smelling stuff too.
This is a long review, and kind of irrelevant, but I have a nice keyboard, and have kind of become hypnotised by the sound of it, and I think I might review every purchase I have ever made on Amazon as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving cream beats gel and soap, 13 May 2011
I moved from shaving soap to gel a couple of years ago believing it produced a better shave. Recently my last can of gel ran out and I fell back on the shaving soap (a good one) whilst deciding which shaving cream to try. The results of the soap shave left my face feeling raw and as if I had not had a very good shave. Now I know there was still room for improvement over the gel.

In recent months I've read a lot of sartorial and gentlemanly blogs, learning a lot along the way. The Taylor's brand was evident in many of them. If I was going to try a more costly method of shaving then I figured I'd go for a quality product from a company with a proven history.

Last night I tried the Sandalwood Shaving Cream from Taylor's of Old Bond Street. What a wonderful product! I've not used a shaving cream before so may have applied slightly more than needed to my face with the brush. It goes on very nicely and is easily spread about the neck and jaw. The feel is pleasing as is the scent. The resulting 2-3 pass shave is excellent, and not a single cut either. My skin was left feeling refreshed and moisturized.

I know it's early days - how long will the 150g pot last, will my spouse like the scent? The answers will present themselves. But for now, this is a product I can see myself using for the rest of my life! Treat yourself to this product. It, and you are worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, 4 Dec 2012
D. Step - See all my reviews
This cream is really good and foamy - it helps give the best shave ever and you smell good afterwards too!! I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your passport to luxurious nick-free shaving., 26 May 2012
My shaving soap ran out so I thought I would try this for a change. Oh my! Where has it been all my life? It smells gorgeous, it is incredibly easy to apply, but best of all, it has enough "texture" to ensure your stubble is suitably compliant and shaves off easily.

Over the years I've seen a few people use creams like this, and they are normally old. All I can say is that with old age, obviously comes wisdom. You have to shave yourself every day. Why not do it properly in luxury?