5.0 out of 5 stars great cuppa
Published on 22 July 2010 by Rebecca Kirk

2.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee - but had 2 broken now!
Published on 7 Nov 2010 by youngdoctor

2.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee - but had 2 broken now!, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I was enjoying this product - makes a nice coffee for the office and stays hot literally for about 2 hours - but I've had 2 break on me now so am a bit disappointed with the build quality. On the first, the plastic grommet fell off the bottom of the plunger when I was washing it; the supplier readily replaced it but on the second, the handle snapped off the top of the plunger when I was taking the lid off (as with two other reviewers here). And I'm not exactly heavy-handed!

Other than that minor gripes as reported elsewhere here - some grounds in the drink, not 100% leakproof (but doesn't claim to be), could use a handle as a bit hot to touch when first poured (but not exactly scalding).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 16 Oct 2009
L. Moorhouse (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I'm useless on holiday if I can't get a decent coffee first thing - so have resorted to taking my own and needed a good travel cafetiere. I'd echo the other reviews. It's a nicely designed packable piece of kit, makes coffee and keeps it hot. Job done! Things you have to live with: Plunger seal isn't tight so some grouts escape; the unit can't be sealed for carriage; it can't go in the dishwasher; it can't go in the microwave (I assume this is because of the metal wire mesh on the plunger - have not tested without plunger and not planning to!). May be trying some of the competitors' products.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cuppa, 22 July 2010
Rebecca Kirk "Rebecca" (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this as a present for my coffee-loving mountaineer boyfriend. He loves it! You can put in milk/sugar to make the coffee the way you want it and the insulation keeps the coffee very hot! The fact that there isn't a handle makes it great for packing. The only downside is that it would be good to unscrew the filter to make it more adaptable for other hot drinks. That said, he is extremely happy with it and its definitely recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great honeymoon period but some frankenstein monster work required to save the marriage, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
We got off to a great start and we got on fine enjoying camping trips and travel together...for just shy of a year. Then the cracks started to appear and the plunger handle snapped off. This always felt a little too flexible so had to be treated with kid gloves so some more thought about the resilience of this part would make a great product. Don't despair though! Yu could always fix it if you have the same issue. I bought a conventional cheap glass cafetiere and swapped the plunger from that into the unit and it works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars cool gadget, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I aleady had the mug so bought this as it fits into the cup holder in the car. Design is really good apart from one thing - where does the milk go? I put milk in after I've plunged the coffee, so had to pour it in the little drinking hole - messy. Can't see how else you do it unless you put milk in before you plunge which doesn't seem right. Easy to clean and wash.

3.0 out of 5 stars essential work equipment, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
very useful, robust and aesthetically pleasing, feels nice to hold and fits in the car cup holder, and makes a mean cup of real coffee...
few minor gripes, though; some leakage of grounds, so a little bit gritty and unfortunately not fully sealed, so has to be kept level, or will spill...
I think that this will last forever though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
The filter coffee escapes past the built in filter on the cup when pushed down which meant you were drinking flakes of coffee which was not enjoyable. Thought it was a great idea but turned out to be a waste of money and very impractical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, super fast delivery!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I have had a similar plunger before, but it was plastic. This product looks more durable. However, the only concern I have is that the plunger itself is plastic. The product was delivered very fast, with a day or two of my order.

4.0 out of 5 stars CoffeeTime, 19 Jun 2010
J. Jarvis (Wirral England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
Thoroughly enjoying this extremely smart gadget. Fulfills several musts for me. Elf & Safety says I can't carry a hot drink round college without a lid, I hate instant coffee,the break is so short I don't have time to get to the kitchen to make a drink. So this satisfies all my requirements. Really easy to use and clean.
Only one slight niggle the top of the plunger fell off after 2 weeks so I've had to superglue it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel Mug - Filter coffee, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Travel Cup (Kitchen & Home)
Overall it does the job well. Not overly robust but a great idea and I am pleased I have it when a filter coffee is just what's needed. I find it particularly good when out camping - Packs neatly in the rucksack and can be used as a general mug as well. Recommended, although I was disappointed there were not more on the market to chose from.

ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)