4.0 out of 5 stars great reminder of teen-years
I saw this movie when i was a young teen and it captures it, all the feelings the will to rage against the machine. Slater is great, specially in monologues. And big plus: the soundtrack is amazing, it's really ecclectic and the song of Cohen "everybody know" is now one of my favourite's.
Published on 16 Aug. 2005 by anjuli

1.0 out of 5 stars What the Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great film, but Dutch subtitles and I was unable to turn them off as no dvd menu!!!!!!!! More like a copied dvd!!
Published on 9 April 2011 by Kenneth J. Carlson

4.0 out of 5 stars great reminder of teen-years, 16 Aug. 2005
anjuli (bordeaux, france) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truely Moving Movie, 18 April 2005
Mr. P. Taylor (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched this movie when I just started my teenage years, it spoke to me then and, as a 21yr old, it still speaks to me. It captures the angst and confusion any teenager goes through perfectly. It also points out what's wrong with the world and what was true then, still is now. In my opinion you could release this movie once every ten years and it would still be current.
Christian Slater is fantastic in the lead role playing Mark Slater and his alter-ego Happy Harry, the pirate radio DJ. Slater himself says it is one of his favourite roles he's played; less to say he plays the angsty/dark teen very well. Samantha Mathis captures her character perfectly and, if you look hard enough you'll capture a glimpse of a seriously young Seth Green.
This is a great movie and always watchable, in all honestly it's a movie that will never age. It's a movie anyone can watch and as a teen I found it helpful and very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
This was the first film I watched with Christian Slater. I fell in love with him after this film. I could not find it anywhere, then stumbled upon it here. I was in delight. The story line was good, something a bit different for the year. Very enjoyable, I watched it again the other night. Childhood memories came back. Buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Teen angst at its best, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
Like the other reviewers I first saw this movie when I was a teenager and thought it was great. Now I still think it is great and I can thank the soundtrack for first introducing me to alternative music. This movie is really a teen movie but can be enjoyed by anyone who likes music, free speech and rocking the boat a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Film of my Childhood, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
I recently remembered this movie as something I adored when I was a young teen. As always I still love the movie, Young!Christian Slater was excellent. The DVD arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I have absolutely no qualms about ordering from them again. Great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see!!, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
This film is one that everyone should watch. A true classic now. Great soundtrack too.
It will have you wanting to rush out and set up your own pirate radio station, or whatever the modern equivalent would be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk Hard, 16 April 2015
Jayke1981 (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
One of my favourite movies growing up. If I had the equipment Slater has in this movie - then I'd definitely love to have done the same thing. 25yrs old and still as entertaining!

4.0 out of 5 stars great film, 8 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great film, have not seen it for years but always sticks out in my memory, i snapped it up when i it became available through AMAZON great purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars top movie, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this movie when it was first released and it's a classic recommend to any slater fans out there top movie takes me back to my younger days

5.0 out of 5 stars a great dvd, 4 Sept. 2013
Stuart Bennett "Stuart" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pump Up The Volume [DVD] (DVD)
bought this as we used to own it on vhs but wanted it on dvd as me and my dad love this film.

Pump Up The Volume [DVD]
Pump Up The Volume [DVD] by Allan Moyle (DVD - 2005)