4.0 out of 5 stars Not the original, kids still love it!
No it is not the original, so I was a little bit disappointed, but my 2 boys love it, lets face it I bought it because I thought they might like it, and they do, job done! If you want original animation try the Mary Mungo and Midge DVD (cute in an old fashioned sort of way) my kids love that too.
Published on 6 Sep 2006 by S. Metcalfe

1.0 out of 5 stars Total computer-generated pugwash
Didn't read the other reviews before choosing this dvd. First scene - Captain Pugwash peering over the computer generated bow of a computer generated ship, sailing on a computer generated sea. Poor animation in the place of the (admittedly equally poor) animation with cardboard cut-out characters. Only for those who have never seen the original series.
Published on 13 May 2006 by Mr. Richard M. Moorhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic fun, 15 April 2014
Harvey Washbrook "Harvs" (Stockholm) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Captain Pugwash - Sticky Moments And Other Swashbuckling Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
animation is a bit dated compared to modern cartoons but all the family enjoyed this for a few years. worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Captain Pugwash, 13 Jan 2014
There are some things that don't live up to your memories of them, for me this was one of them. Not bad, but my memories were better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 11 Sep 2013
love the catchy theme tune and the whole thing brings back fond memories of childhood. Great product can watch over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old son loves it!, 2 Jun 2013
He humming the theme tune all the time. All the caractors are funny and very interested. He plays it all the time. Very good old cartoon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah! The smell of the sea!, 12 Sep 2011
A. R. Garner "Kaleidoscope" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
Aha, shipmates. Black Jake takes a real beating once again. He deserves to be keelhauled and fed to the fishes! Ahhh! There be some roight brainless dopes on these 'ere ships. Good job we have a cabin boy. Ahh! Pirates! Ahh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Friends, 15 April 2013
This was a popular programme for my children so they made an excellent present for the next but one generation. The packaging and delivery was excellent and the content well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff. Introducing my 2 yr old grandson to ..., 22 Aug 2014
Great stuff. Introducing my 2 yr old grandson to the delights of Pugwash and bringing back memories of my childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 8 Aug 2014
Brilliant childhood memories came flooding back ,still got the funny names great

4.0 out of 5 stars Pugwash revamp, 16 April 2010
R. A. Marshall (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for two reasons. Firstly to reignite my childhood memories and secondly so my daughter could experience childrens TV from past years.

I did not realise that this DVD was not the original series but seems to be a later re-animation of it. However, I am pleased to say that as soon as the title music starts all is forgiven. My daughter loves it and it gives us adults a rest from Cbeebies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent modern version, 13 Jan 2011
I have learned that however much we loved TV programmes in the 70s our children are used to more modern TV. This DVD is old fashioned Pugwash stories but animated properly unlike the old fashioned cardboard cutouts. This means that our 2011 children love the same series that we did and it is entirely suitable for little ones unlike many modern programmes. Fantastic! My 4 year old son adores this DVD and the books with CDs that are also available on Amazon.