1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A suprising gem of a CD, 6 Aug 2009
This review is from: Liberation [German Import] (Audio CD)
This is a rare find, it was an impulse purchase to obtain one track Liberatio & to my delight I got a remarkably good body of music that pretty much knocked my socks off & has become a grower too, the more I listen to it the more I like it.

To start I'd like to say that this CD is NOT the superb up & coming power metal Band Krypteria. (although the three male members of krypteria worked on music in this particular experimental project before joining up with Ji-in Cho)

what we have here is a project that has taken the prodigious talents of C Siemons,S Kuschnerus & F Stumvoll together with a group of various other guest talents to produce an instantly likeable body of music.

The style is difficult to describe as it varies from pop, to soft rock akin to that of the eighties, to power ballads to gutsy rock. This is no suprise as it appears to be is what its creators strived for.

Each song has some superbly crafted sophisticated lyrics, that explore a variety of subjects from love,anger,hope,endeavour, belief & spirituality. All of which have some excellent music, punchy rythms, great synths,dynamic drums all fronted by a variety of superb vocals talents upfront. All of which is backed by some great orchestral support together with an awesome choir.

What I particularly like is the choral backing which adds to the grandeur & symphonic nature of the music, especially with the Latin lyrics.

I will add that one or two of the tracks are just a little bit saccharine but they are not cringeworthy.

The bests track for me are the punchy rocky ones & the heavily latin influenced tracks which are:

Liberatio
Gaudium et felicitas
Run to you
Get the hell out of my way
Time is running thin
When the dust begins to settle
explora
Kiss your life goodbye

To this list I will also commend two futher tracks because they are just inspirational to me.

Try
Keep believing

So if you fancy a bit of a musical adventure this is at the very least very interesting as it hints to the evolution of a power metal band in the making & at best it is a very refreshing challenging, provocative body of music that is well worth a listen.

Liberation [German Import]
Liberation [German Import] by Krypteria (Audio CD - 2005)