5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary capo
I bought this for my Dad for his birthday after he'd read rave reviews in the press. He's been playing the guitar for decades and said that this was an amazing bit of kit and has totally changed guitar-playing for him. It helps that it looks like something either NASA or Apple would design. Form and function perfectly fused.
Published on 14 Feb 2009 by K. Tallant

2.0 out of 5 stars surprised
I bought a g7th acoustic capo and was so impressed that I bought another for my other guitar. Then when I got a classical guitar I thought I'd buy a g7th classical guitar capo. I works ok, although I feel since the fingerboard side is longer the griping side should be longer so that closing and securing would be easier and more efficient. My major problem with the capo is...
Published 23 months ago by dude

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use AND keeps strings in tune, 5 July 2010
I am very pleased with my G7th classical capo. It is so easy to use and unlike my previous cheap elasticated capo, does not throw the strings out of tune when I raise it up the fingerboard. It also looks very stylish and sleek!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 28 May 2009
I'm pretty sure this capo is one of the best. It's easy to use and it's size is perfect for both my electric and acoustic guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury capo, 29 Jan 2013
An impressive design and luxurious feel. A joy to use. Works perfectly and is very easy to put on or take off one handed. I also have the shorter, slightly bowed version for steel string and electric guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars G7TH Classical Guitar Capo, 6 Nov 2010
M. Scott - See all my reviews
May be a bit bulky compared to other capos. Clever idea, well made, dose what it says. What more can you ask.

3.0 out of 5 stars G7th Capo, 4 May 2010
This review is from: G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar (Electronics)
I have a number of guitars and the g7th works very well with some but not all. As a general guide, I've found it effective with lighter gauge stringed guitars. However, I have a Martin acoustic which normally has a medium gauge string (heavier than my other guitars) and the g7th does not work (buzzing) on the 1st and 2nd fret no matter where it is positioned on the fret. The problem appears to be that on the lower neck positions, this design can't generate the clamping strength required for heavier gauge strings.

So, try before you buy, if it works on your guitar, then I'd recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - the mechanism is really good, like a ratchet - you just squeeze and ..., 25 Aug 2014
Superb - the mechanism is really good, like a ratchet - you just squeeze and it stays at that tension, then pull the lever and it releases, so you get just the right amount of tension. No chance it's going to damage the neck because of the soft padding, but it grips the strings strongly all the same. Doesn't protrude from the headstock much when stowed - I once had a headstock snap off when the guitar was knocked over with a protruding capo on the head so v glad this one reassuringly compact. One thing to be careful of - the 6 string version is not quite wide enough to span the strings of my classical guitar with its huge nut width. For any steel string guitar though it's fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars I have gone back to using my old spring capo so for me it was a waste of money, 13 Aug 2014
K. Jones "eastriver studio" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I am a professional musician of over 30 years and have owned lot's of capo's over the years.For a product which costs so much and is supposed to be the 'best' you can buy I just can't get on with it at all. I use the capo frequently when gigging and with the G7 I often have to put the it on then remove it a number of times before it will hold all the strings down sweetly without leaving any 'dead' strings sounding. I have gone back to using my old spring capo so for me it was a waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but Build could be improved, 30 July 2014
Nice and compact. Looks very good indeed. The slim bar means it doesn't get in the way of your fingers. Let down rather by the fact that the plastic release lever rattles with some notes. The quality of build isn't so good for this part. Big problems if you're recording acoustically. Also, I like to keep my capo clipped to the headstock when not in use. This capo sometimes works loose and falls off. Very annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Capo, 23 April 2010
M. Alexandre - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son and came in 2 days of ordering.I gave it to my son and he said that it was so cool and it looked very good as well as working very well on his guitar. He said that it was by far the best capo he had used because of its ease of use. Overall it was very good. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Capo., 10 July 2014
Well made item and performs tasks excellently. However dont see how an item advertised as 24 ends up at 29. Even charged vat on post & package. Not good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›