5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 24 Jun. 2007
I have never read a book that has made me feel so many different emotions as this one.I cried with laughter and with sadness. what an amazing man. this book is about an adventure that secretly we would all love to attempt, but maybe only dream about.i could not put this down and pulled a sickie to stay in bed and read this lol. this man and his story changed my life.one day i will do all the things i have dreamed about thanks to Tom Neale. whenever i feel down i pick up this book and read. i will treasure this little book forever.............But of course that is just my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 14 Sept. 2013
I remember reading this book whilst on holiday as a child around 1983 aged ten. One of those books you find in reception! Always had memories of the book but never able to find it again. Now managed to find it 30 years later and absolutely love it, once you have this book you will not be able to put it down. Shame it is so expensive, I am sure if it were cheaper it would sell many thousands of copies, we all have a secret dream of doing what Tom did! This should be made available on Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure of a book. Buy it, read it and cherish it., 30 April 2015
This is a treasure of a book. Buy it, read it and cherish it. If I could, it give it SIX stars! I first bought this book more than 30 years ago and made the mistake of lending it to someone who never returned it. At last I found another copy which I re-read, finding it equally, if not more, absorbing this time around when we find ourselves sucked into the hi-tech world we now inhabit. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry and it will make you want to shake off the hum-drum, the every-day, and escape to a techno-free idyll. I have allowed one, trusted friend to borrow this. She was as captivated as I. It now stands on my bookshelf - to be taken down and enjoyed from time to time, when the wanderlust and the craving for a life less complicated overwhelms me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book as I've always had a hankering to ..., 22 July 2014
D.L.EDWARDS (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Loved this book as I've always had a hankering to be Robinson Crusoe.
What I liked though was the portrayal of the man as well as the coming to terms with life on the island.
A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars an island to oneself, 16 Jan. 2013
I love this book, I have a copy I bought online from New Zealand about 10 years ago.
I read it about once every year, I wish it was on kindle E books.
A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Read, 1 Sept. 2014
Amazing story of a very unique experience. Highly recommended to anybody I've spoken to

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bargain book I've ever bought, 30 Mar. 2015
DJ (scotland) - See all my reviews
I had the very good fortune to chance upon this at a jumble sale many years ago and to this day it remains one of my favourite books. A classic real life adventure which most of us can only dream about, an absolute must read. I have read it many times and my copy is beginning to look a little ragged, so please make this available for my Kindle.

An island to myself
An island to myself by Tom Neale (Unknown Binding - 1968)
Used & New from: £37.99