4.0 out of 5 stars Bathtime fun with Octopals
My son loves this toy so much, I have purchased them as Birthday presents for his friends. I have used this daily for a month and I have not had any issues with mould. I do however ensure each 'baby octopus' is drained of water after each use.

The 12 baby octopuses are different shapes so they offer a different experience to your little one when held. They are...
Published 7 months ago by Miss R. Frail

2.0 out of 5 stars Mould!!!!
Have to say after several months despite extensive different techniques, we have not been able to stop mould growing inside the squeezy octopus...such a shame as my boys are unaffected by the mould but as parents it is not pleasant in view that the mould every now and then comes out into their mouths or bath!!!
Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by Ms. E. Potts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 463 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars MILDEW!!!!!!, 8 July 2011
Hi
I bought these for my son and he did like playing with them in the bath, but as the weeks went by i did tend to notice a lot of black unknown substance floating around in the bath(dont get me wrong im not a clean freak!)I found that the inners of each octopal was a breeding ground for mildew and although i tried to clean this out i found it was a ongoing battle and so gave up.Sorry to be boring but i like my childs bath to be clean:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Make bath fun!!, 13 Mar. 2006
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
My 21-month-old baby just loves the stuff. She didn't like taking a bath, but now she enjoys it very much, spending time with these colourful friends. Very cute and reasonably priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mould after a few weeks, 21 Sept. 2013
Looks great, kids love it - BUT

Howevr you try and clean them they just fill with mould and numerous attempts to clean, flush out and all tips on heit just fails... Epic fail of a great toy but mums and dads don't want kids quitting mould at each other --- such a shame.

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
I loved the idea of this for my grandson to play with in his bath, it was fine to begin with but even when it was thoroughly drained and a weeks gap between his visits, black bits started to come out of the parts, as they were emptied, I returned the item and advised Tomy that I believed it to be a safety hazard as the black bit were growing within the pieces as a result of bath water having been inside them

5.0 out of 5 stars Bathtime bliss!, 6 Jan. 2011
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
I bought these at the start of December for my sons 1st birthday & he loves them! They keep him occupied & entertained, & he loves to try to pull them off the sides of the bath when I stick them on there, as well as squirting water out of them or even just chewing them!
I read the reviews before I bought them & fortunately I wasn't put off about the mould issue as I have previously had to use diluted Milton on other bath toys to remove the mould, so I will just do the same to these if needs be. However, so far I have just squeezed all the water out of them & then I place them back onto their stand in the empty bathtub once bath time has finished. Do far, so good as no mould is yet appearing.
Although I originally purchased this for my 1yr old son I have noticed that my 6yr old daughter always plays with them once she is in the bath too. She loves to encourage her brother to squirt the water out & generally cause mischief...the result of this is that neither of them want to get out of the bath so bath times have gotten longer!
Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Octopals - Squirty Fun With My Boy, 14 Sept. 2006
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
I always bath with my baby and he has loved these little squirty octopals since he had them at 5 months, they, fill up nice and easy, easy for little hands to hold and squeeze I love the shocked look on his face when he manages to get me with one.

Only bad thing is the lilly-pad is quite big and the little babes don't stay on it well, it gets discarded. Also if you leave the octopals with any water in them then after a week on Holiday you need to soak them in PHP to get rid of the mossy green goop inside them. It washes away fine if you know what to look for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bath toy, 21 April 2011
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
it is very big and hard to store. The baby octopus don't really stick to the base and it seems pointless to have it. The octopus are great for sticking on the bath put i'm sure for the price there is something better out there. I wouldn't advise anyone to get it as it's expensive for the money and not a toy my son likes much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a year or so., 7 Nov. 2014
M. chard (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
These are great. I bought these just under a year ago and my little girl loved them. I had to throw them away recently as mould had built up inside them (which you could see through the yellow ones) which I thought was bad for her health. Same as any other toy which squirts water though, they all go that way in the end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold! ...within 2 weeks..., 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
Within 2 weeks these had a thick layer of mould scum built up on the outside and also on in the inside...yuck! My 9 month old loves putting them in her mouth...double yuck when I realised where the mould was coming from. My 2 year old son loves playing with them, but alas from tonight they are in the bin! You can wash the outside, but no way to remove the mould you can see is stuck on the inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath time fun!, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
My little boy loves these toys. The faster I can stick them to the bath he rips them off, safe to chew and play with, Added extra is you can fill them with water and squirt it out at baby! Not be long before he fires back. Great bath time fun for us both, highly recommended! Update, I've noticed people complaining about mildew in the octopals so here's a tip. Fill a bowl with hot water and Milton sterilising fluid, Draw in some of this mixture into each octopal and shake. Leave overnight and squirt out in the morning making sure to rinse out with fresh water before using. All it takes is a bit of thought people!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 463 | Next ›