4.0 out of 5 stars Octopals
These are fun, my daughter enjoys playing with them.

As has been noted by other customers, ours did grow mold after a couple of months. I filled the milton container, filled the little octopals with the solution and left them soaking overnight -- as good as new in the morning.
Published on 4 Sept. 2010 by Jennifer Lumb

2.0 out of 5 stars Mould!!!!
Have to say after several months despite extensive different techniques, we have not been able to stop mould growing inside the squeezy octopus...such a shame as my boys are unaffected by the mould but as parents it is not pleasant in view that the mould every now and then comes out into their mouths or bath!!!
Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by Ms. E. Potts

4.0 out of 5 stars Octopals, 4 Sept. 2010
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
These are fun, my daughter enjoys playing with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bathtime fun with Octopals, 23 Dec. 2014
Miss R. Frail (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
My son loves this toy so much, I have purchased them as Birthday presents for his friends. I have used this daily for a month and I have not had any issues with mould. I do however ensure each 'baby octopus' is drained of water after each use.

The 12 baby octopuses are different shapes so they offer a different experience to your little one when held. They are numbered 1 to 12 so you child can learn to count whilst having fun. They fill with water easily when squeezed and can be held comfortably by my 12 month old son. To stick them to the bath, wet the sucker and squeeze a little air out before pushing onto the side of the bath/tiles.

The mummy octopus is a floating 'island' with 12 sections for the babies to sit, all numbered 1 - 12, which again will assist your child in learning to count. The middle of the island holds the mummy, who's head is a pouring cup.

I have not given this toy 5 stars as the 'baby octopuses' do not stick to the island. I feel this is a real shame and stops a good bath toy becoming a brilliant one. They are easily knocked off when placed on the island when it's in the water and cannot be stored as pictured when not in use. This has not put me off recommending this to others, just feel it hinders you slightly when matching up the numbers.

We have had so much fun with this toy. My son is less interested in standing/walking up and down the bath when playing with this toy, meaning we do not need to use any other toys during bath time.

I highly recommend! I hope this review was helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars so cute!, 23 Jun. 2007
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
My daughter loves these Octopals. They're very cute and she likes to line up all the little babies in a row so that their eyes are facing her. They can be stuck to almost any surface in the bath with their suction cups and when you squeeze them over the bath, each one makes a different squeaky sound. Best of all, they're very easy to squeeze and so they can be kept very clean. Some squeezy bath toys grow mold if you don't empty out the water every time, and some of them are difficult to squeeze. These little guys are very squeezy and so you can be sure 99% of the water is out when you clean up after bathtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, Colourful & Fun Bath Toy!, 26 Dec. 2009
Michaela Hunt - See all my reviews
I bought these octopals for my 10 month old son for xmas and I am absolutely delighted with them as he is! (It says 12 months on box but i think they are perfectly fine for my son) They are all brightly coloured and rubbery with numbers on each, your little one can sit & chew them like mine does or stick them on the bath or tiles. They also sit on the little island provided & float in the water. There is also a big cup that sits in the centre of the island that you can fill with water and it expels it like a watering can - my son loved this, holding his hands out underneath the shower to catch it! Occasionally the Octopals may come unstuck from tiles of their own accord but I don't see this as a major flaw! All water would need to be squeezed out after bathtime to prevent mildew. Would recommend to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Squirty fun, 11 May 2011
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
This toy consists of a hollow plastic base which floats and provides a sturdy home for the 8 squeezy octupuses and a big hard plastic octopus.

The squeezy octopuses can be held underwater and filled so that they can be squirted. My two girls loved playing with these, though they did sometimes get a bit too giddy with them! Large plastic octopus `cup' has holes in the top and my kids loves pouring water into it and seeing it pour out. I also used to use this when washing their hair - they weren't a big fan of my 'chuck-water-over-their-heads' technique but if I poured the water through this it provided a fun shower which they enoyed.

During the summer we also played with this in the garden, the soft octopuses are brilliant in hot weather. We didn't have water pistols and didn't really need them, they contain enough water to play with but too much. They also don't squirt too far (when a toddler is squeezing them anyway!) and therefore you don't risk incurring the wrath of the neighbours by accidentally soaking someone sun bathing over the fence!

These are easy to clean, simply squirt the water out - over time you may find that they start to get a bit manky inside from being damp - but simply put them in a bowl of water with some cleaning fluid in and take water in and squirt it back out a few times to clean, obviously they will then need the same treatment with clean water to make sure there's no detergent left in them.

In a nutshell: Whether in the bath or outside in a paddling pool, these Octopal toys were used by my girls for a couple of years, some of them did eventually break but only after taking a lot of abuse, these lasted a lot longer than most of their toys.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mould!!!!, 2 Dec. 2009
Ms. E. Potts "Eloise" (UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but gets mould, 11 Aug. 2010
B. Laubi (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
We were given this toy about 6 months ago when my son was a year and half. Ever since he loves them and they are the daily staple at bathtime. That said, we have a terrible mould problem with them (and with any squirty bath toy). Although my son doesn't seem affected by it, the mould does make me uneasy as it must be unhygenic. We have tried everything to get rid of the mould with little success. The only advice I can offer is either to buy a new set every few months (an expensive solution to the problem!) or to buy one of those mould/mildew sprays and dilute the solution from the bottle with water, suck the diluted solution into the toy and leave for a little while - before spraying out and rinsing. If it weren't for the mould this toy would get five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun versatile toy that will make bath time a blast, 3 Feb. 2013
Both my 17 month old son and my five year old daughter love this toy! Each of the eight characters (my daughter calls them: "the babies") have a number printed on their side and the eight arms of the green "octopus-like" platform that holds them as well, so it's a fun way to learn the numbers (and colors since there are two of each color: blue, yellow, orange and pink).

The "babies" are made of soft plastic and have a hole and a suction cup so that you can either fill them with water and squirt it or attach them to the bath tub or tiles. They also have different facial features which is a wonderful detail (you can ask your son/daughter to find "the angry baby" or the "surprised" one for example)

The "mother" character which fits in the middle of the platform is made of hard plastic and has holes in it, as you can observe on the picture. It is also the perfect size to hide one of the smaller characters inside it. My children love to play hide and seek with the babies. You can hide them under other bath toys or behind shampoo bottles, etc.

To finish, a simple suggestion: make sure to empty the smaller characters after each use or the water will "build up" and over time, brownish flakes will come out when you squeeze them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but don't let the water stay in them when not using!, 30 May 2008
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
OK like many of these bath toys they are good fun and can keep you playing in the bath with the kid(s) for ages.
But a note of caution!
When finished playing with them in the water make sure you empty out the water from these things.
As over time mould will build up inside of them and you see little dark spots inside. If the child puts them to their mouths and squirts of sucks from them like most will do then these mould spots will be swallowed.
They also will appear in the bath water as I have discovered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tomy Octopals Bath Toy, 30 Sept. 2013
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: TOMY Aquafun Octopals (Baby Product)
My little boy absolutely loves bath times and so when I spotted this bath toy I thought that he would love it and thankfully he does. The toy consists of a floating green base into which sit the eight little baby octopus' and the mummy octopus sits in the middle. The mummy octopus is made of a rigid plastic so similar to a plastic cup and she has holes in the top of her head to act in a sieve/colander style. The baby octopus' are all in a squishy plastic squirter style and each have different numbers on them to correspond with the numbers on the green base. The baby octopus' also stick to the bathroom tiles as they have a sort of sucker on the bottom of them. My son loves me sticking the babies to the bathroom walls and him pulling them off and promptly throwing them out of the bath. A fun little toy which my son loves.

TOMY Aquafun Octopals