5.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Puzzle
My daughter really liked this - got it around 22 months and in no time was identifying the shapes and colours. I can see it being helpful in teaching her times in the future. The only thing that stuck me was the fact the triangle has a 3 on it, the quadrilateral has a 4 on it, the octagon has an 8 on it however the hexagon has a 5 on it and the pentagon has a 6 on it...
Published on 7 Jan 2010 by Kerry Iannuzzi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown in picture
I was keen to order this for my children but was very disappointed when the item I received was not as in the picture. Firstly, there was a rough finish on the product. Then I noticed that the product I received was not the same. The one in the picture has the hands marked with 'hours' and 'minutes'. The quarter past, half past, quarter to etc are marked on, which they...
Published on 24 Feb 2012 by MadMum

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
My 22 month old is really into counting and sorting shapes so this was perfect. One or two of the shapes do fit into more than one slot, but this doesn't matter as you can encourage them to look at the numbers to decide on the correct place. Arrived quickly and is typical solid and durable as always found with M&D products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked it, keeps my 2-year old occupied., 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
Very effective use of my daughters time with 3 parts to the clock including numbers and shapes. She learns with it and keeps her occupied. Happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not quite as described, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
Had the product I recieved been as shown in the picture, I'd be giving it 5 stars. However it turned up without the Hours/Minutes marked on the hands and with other details missing such as quarter past, half past markers & the smaller numbers around the edge. From reading other reviews I'm not the first person to have had this problem, but as it was for my daughters birthday I didn't have time to send back - will just have to write the missing info on I guess!

5.0 out of 5 stars All-in-one!, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
There are so many different products on the market to learn about numbers, shapes, fitting blocks into the right places and telling time etc. Despite the age recommendation, I bought this for my 1 year old as it will last for years to come and being wooden is highly durable. In this regard it's great value for money and is condensed into one toy instead of having all the separate ones lying around. My little one loves throwing the blocks around for the time being but is learning to fit the shapes into the right places and figuring out numbers slowly. I know she'll be playing with this for years to come as she moves through the developmental stages. Her older friends also get great satisfaction from playing with this. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
Educational, fun and durable. For a wide range of ages. My 2 year old daughter uses the shapes to build towers and as a puzzle at the moment. The clock learning will come later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for xmas present, 12 Jan 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
The hands of the clock are chunky and durable. The blocks are well made and chunky. I bought this toy for my baby even though he is a bit young to understand it fully but he likes it and enjoys taking the shapes in and out. It is durable as my baby throws it about and puts the shapes in his mouth and it still looks brand new. Good educational toy too for number and time when he is older

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching potential, 11 Jan 2012
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
My two year old was given this for Christmas and she loves playing with it. My slightly older niece was also given one and I hear it's gone down a storm in their house too.

I think it is a great toy. Melissa and DOug products we have are all great quality and durable. It's a bright, appealing looking item with a wedge shaped base that makes it easier for the child to see and use when placed on a flat surface. This helps teach shapes and hand/eye co-ordination, colours and numbers, as well as having the clock and info relating to time telling for when my little one is older. I was kind of relieved to see that the names of the shapes are on the back of the clock (could they not have included a circle and left out the quatrefoil??)so I can make sure I'm getting them right.

I was surprised reading the reviews to see someone say they could fit one of the shapes into the wrong hole. I've just checked on ours and it's impossible with the clock we have. Maybe the design has been changed?

Another great M&D product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational toy, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
Robust, well-made toy with lots of potential for an energetic and curious two and a half year old boy. It offers different opportunities for learning as the child develops and should continue to be popular - fitting shapes into holes, counting and learning to tell the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my 20 month old son, 15 Dec 2011
Hang Tran (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
My son is 20 months old and he likes this toy. He often comes to play with it. Like other Melissa and Doug toys, it looks durable (I only have it for a few weeks), and of good quality. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock (Toy)
Another great Melissa and Doug toy. I didn't know the names of all the shapes myself so it was great to have them at the back of the pack. Teaches shapes and time - my 4 year old son loves it!

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›