4.0 out of 5 stars funtastic
This is a super toy with flashing lights, ring tones, engaged tones, dialing tones, different voices saying hello just like an actual phone. It is educational with numbers shapes and colours, asking the child to press certain keys. My 8 month old has road tested it and thinks it is wonderful.
Published on 9 Feb 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but very quiet
Published on 11 July 2010 by Elle

4.0 out of 5 stars funtastic, 9 Feb 2006
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech mobile phone, 1 Oct 2009
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
I bought this toy for my then 14 month old boy/girl twins and I bought it for a flight as a surprise toy. It was a huge hit and kept my son quiet for a long time! Today, 2.5 months on, he still plays with it (he has many conversations!) and my daughter does too though it's more popular with my son. What I like is that it isn't a noisy toy and is the appropriate volume to be held at the ear. It teaches numbers and some telephone expressions (e.g. "let's call mum/dad") and has some nice tunes to dance to. The flashing lights are fun and it has survived a lot of bumps and crashes! Definitely recommend this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! And so does my baby!, 5 April 2009
Claire (Atlanta, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
Although this is recommended for 9 months and over, I bought it for my daughter when she was just 6 months because she kept trying to steal my phone, and I didn't see the point in getting her a simpler one, only to have to buy her a better one later. She loves it! It's a little big for her just now, and of course she doesn't know to hold it to her ear yet, but in the meantime, she loves the flashing lights and sounds etc. Also loves to chew on the little aerial knob. The speaker is nice and quiet to avoid damaging little ears when they do put it to their ears. It may seem a little quiet to adults but babies are so sensitive, they can hear it no problem even when it's lying speaker down.

It's very durable. She has drooled and thrown up on it and it's still going strong after lots of cleaning.

And when she's older, it has 3 modes to keep her occupied. People, "Lets call Mummy; Numbers, "Can you find the number 7?"; and shapes/colours,"Can you find the red triangle?" It's fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars Increased sound level, 31 Dec 2010
Emma Stuttard "Emma" (Arboleas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
We bought this toy as we thought our 11 month old daughter would enjoy the flashing lights and sounds and eventually learn use the phone with its interactive commands 'ie, press the red circle' etc.

All I can say is that when the phone is taken out of its packaging and the plastic tab removed from the back it becomes SOOO quiet it's impossible to hear what is being said while looking at the front of the phone, as it's an interactive toy how can my child learn to interact with it when she can't hear it!

After reading a number of posts here it became clear that removing the plastic tab reduced the sound level hugely, hey presto problem solved. Just cut out a strip of cardboard 3 or 4mm wide (I used a piece of Christmas card) and push it into the slit the plastic tab come out of. It's a tiny slit just above the battery compartment.
I pushed in the card until the sound returned to its shop bought level then snipped off the card so nothing protruded. Result is the toy can be used normally and my Daughter LOVES this phone now... Hope this helps

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but very quiet, 11 July 2010
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
This is quite a nice little toy - possibly better for babies who are old enough to be learning numbers etc - my 7 month old just likes chewing on it for now and bashing the buttons, but he seems less interested by it than other similar toys (and much less interested in it than in real phones unfortnately!) I think it'll grow on him as he gets older, but the reason for my giving it only 3 stars is that it is incredibly quiet. I did read this in other comments before buying (ie it's quiet as babies toys with sound deliberately have the sound set below a certain level so as not to damage their hearing or something) but it's very quiet indeed and you really struggle to hear what it's saying - it's much quieter than all the other toys with sound that I've come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars VTech Tiny Touch Phone, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
Brilliant, my son loves it! My only complaint would be that once out of the box the sound level is extremely low! You can barely hear it if it's not held up to your ear!

2.0 out of 5 stars Volume too low, 19 Sep 2010
V. Ware (Devon , England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
Although the toy itself is quite good, it is designed to play loudly in the packaging when you try it in the shop, then when you remove the packaging a pin is dislodged which reverts the sound level down to "European safety regulation" levels. This makes it so quiet that you can hardly hear it even in a silent room. With any background noise (car engine, washing machine, tv, radio etc) you cannot hear it at all unless you hold it right up to your ear. As some of the games involve watching the display, it's not possible to do as you can't listen and watch at the same time. I would not recommend this product. I understand that the sound level is a legal issue rather than the manufacturers choice but nonetheless it's appallingly quiet and renders the toy pretty obsolete. As somebody else said, you may as well not bother with batteries and let the child play imaginary games with it rather than the games the toy is intended for. A shame.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too quiet!, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
Bit too quiet for my 10 month old. He likes flashing lights but loses interest quickly. Not one of vtechs best creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money and extremely durable, 25 April 2009
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
This toy is so versatile. It can be played with by baby, and then enjoyed for many years. It has many educational features, learning numbers, colours shapes etc, and is also excellent for encouraging social and imaginative play and encouraging speech. I think this would make an excellent new baby present and also for a toddler.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jury still out on this......, 4 Jan 2010
GrannyB "GrannyB" (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Tiny Touch Phone (Baby Product)
My 11 month old grandaughter loved this Christmas Day but after a couple of days the volume went very low. We changed the batteries but it still can hardly be heard. My daughter is checking to see if she still has the instructions (we suspected dad had found a secret volume button to turn down the noise) but if we can't find a solution it will have to be returned. Shame really as the colours etc are lovely and bright.

VTech Tiny Touch Phone