on 9 September 2008
If you enjoy a good Tv crime thriller wire in the blood is the one for you. Robson Green plays Tony Hill who is a criminal Psychiatrist who gets into the minds of people who kill and explains his theories why killers kill or abduct and how they would go about this and what their next move would be. He works alonside a female detective and between the two of them crack cases and bring criminals to justice. Very gripping and sometimes scary Scense and leaves you wanting more and more. Story lines are both intersting and gripping and the part Dr tony hill plays (Robson Greene) is very well scripted and enjoyable. Crime at its best as both actors gell together very well and make this gripping entertaining Tv
on 1 June 2011
Unbelieveable that in this day an age, boxsets still come out without subtitles. And with Robson Green the 'star', they're not just for the hard of hearing.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2005
I feel this is a must for any fan of any TV crime series. Robson Green's portrayal of a criminal psychiatrist is captivating and, at times, disturbing at the same time. The on screen chemistry between Green and co-star Hermione Norris is perfectly balanced. With a brilliant plot every time, each episode will leave you gagging for more! Not one for the faint hearted.
on 7 December 2007
I must admit that I'm not a big fan crime dramas or British TV at all.. Give me sci-fi and I'm happy! So with that in mind you must know that I love Wire In The Blood!

I first discovered it with the most recent TV broadcast and felt the need to go out and buy all the previous series. Having know Robson Greene from programmes I deem unmatchable and awful music I was initially a bit apprehensive about anything he appeared in. In this however he excels as the socially inadequate criminal psychologist that you sometimes can't help feeling a bit sorry for.

All in all every episode of Wire In The Blood from the 1st series up to present is thoroughly enjoyable with brilliant plots and great acting.. so much so that the other half and I sat and watched series 1 & 2 in a single day.. unable to stop ourselves!

Buy this and I'm sure you will love it!
on 29 April 2009
The first and second series in this long running TV saga of good v evil is very entertaining and worth watching. If you, like me didn't see this on TV you will undoubtedly enjoy it.
Its all about a professor who is drawn into becoming a profiler for the police. Robson Green and Hermione Norris make a dynamic duo.
This is rated 15 which surprised me a little as I thought it could be disturbing to some viewers. Not surprising then is that series 2 and 3 are rated 18. Buying this you get a 5 disc set giving you 10.5 hours of viewing time and at the price I paid was very good value for my hard earned cash. Each chapter is a stand alone episode so you don't after remember what happend in the previous chapter.
I like films where I have to work out the twist and turns of the plot and each chapter certaintly has lots of them.
on 21 November 2010
I was a little wary when i was recommend to watch an episode of Wire in the Blood due to the fact it had Green in it. I have to say, i have completely changed my opinion on him after watching this series.
Green plays a police psychologist, helping in solving crimes by attempting to get inside the mind of the criminal and try to know what they are going to do next before they do it. The thing which makes this crime series different from any other is how raw and unpredictable it can be. Its not your average CSI, bad guy does bad things then gets caught the end, its more realistic than that. Some episodes end without the criminal being caught, others the police get wrong and the criminal wins, you can never tell what will happen and thats what kept me hooked!
Green plays his role brilliantly, the slightly cooky, alternative personality seemed to suit him and i was impressed by how well he can actually act.
Bottom line is, this series is great, so if you're thinking about watching any of the Wire in the Blood series then this is definitely where to start. Good stuff, recommend to anyone who like a good old crime series!
on 19 May 2009
This is one of these rare moments when you find a truely amazingly portrayed book to tv.

If you havent read any of Val McDermid's books i cnt see why you wouldnt enjoy Robson's character Tony and Hermione's charatcer Carol.
But being a fan of the books its lovely to see talented actors portray the characters in a way in which im sure Val is proud of.

Every episode has the same build up and climax at the end which you would expect, and love about thriller/crime genres.
However most of the plots deal with gruesome scence (which doesnt bother me) but might bother others. I feel the gruesome parts only illistrate real life.

I would recommend this 10 fold over.
on 1 November 2010
I missed this series on television but was introduced to the books by a friend. I was instantly hooked and read them all I then ordered the DVD to see what the series has made of quite complicated plots and sub-plots. Robson Green I think is excellent in the role of Tony Hill and when I read the books it's him I picture.Excellent stories if a little gory at times although Tony Hill is a profiler the police are not anxious to use him as they don't really believe in it and prefer to use standard police procedures so there is always a bit of animosity between him and the police. Very good series excellently acted but the books are so much better
on 7 November 2011
A friend recently lent us this boxed set - and we watched the first four episodes at the first sitting! We would have continued, but we were already late for dinner with friends.
Both Robson Green and Hermione Norris are superb - and although the series is now quite old, it certainly stands the test of time.
We are already planning to buy all subsequent series.
on 16 April 2012
Having just finished watching series 1 and 2 I have already ordered series 3 and 4. If you enjoy psychological crime such as Cracker then this is for you. Yes, as other reviews have stated there are times when it is difficult to hear what is being said but then I just turn the TV up a bit, and even if you do miss a few words it is easy to get the basis of what has been said. If you have already read some of the books be aware that the story lines - although similar do differ from the books. I personally do not think this detracts from the DVDs. There is so much storyline and information in the books that it would be difficult to screenplay them for TV. However, the characters are the same and the DVDs do add to the personalities and characters.