Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

on 7 October 2006
I have been looking at the Tassimo for over a year now and finally decided to purchase one with my birthday money. Actually, the only thing that put me off before was the price.

Usability is straight forward and I think the ability to make drinks other than coffee is a major plus. My local supermarket doesnt have the entire range of drinks available, however on tassimo.com you can buy all the ones available, ableit P&P is on the excessive side.

The drinks I have had so far taste fanstatic. I am particular about tea and under normal circumstances would brew a cup for three minutes, however I was very surprised it tasted so good, considering it only took thirty seconds. Coffee is equally as nice and I suspect that hot chocolate will become a house favourite.

I think that Tassimo is a great complement to an existing filter coffee machine, which is obiously more practical if you are having large dinner parties.

Overall, I'd recommend this, especially to those of you who love your kitchen gadgets. I forgot to mention, the black model looks particularly cool.
on 16 February 2007
I've had one of these for a couple of months now (at work, not at home). Because it's at work, it gets used quite a lot, and it's surviving just fine. In fact for its small size it's really efficient. A few observations:

Water tank holds enough for about 5 cups - don't let the water run too low or when it runs short it'll stop halfway through the last cup & you've wasted a drink!

The coffee is really nice (quite strong), I don't drink tea but apparently the tea is OK, the herbal tea is very nice & I've heard great things about the hot chocolate. According to the makers, there is supposed to be no contamination at all between drinks. However, we've found that the hot chocolate (the most sticky) can leave a bit of a sticky residue and if you have something like herbal tea straight afterwards it might look a little bit cloudy with a couple of drops of hot chocolate.

It's really easy to clean, and keep clean. Water heating time is very quick.

The machine is quite noisy, but thankfully it's noisy only in short bursts when it's actually pouring a drink.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it for a work environment where it's nice to have a variety of drinks. However, if you're after a machine that's primarily for coffee, I'd perhaps shop around a bit to see if you can find something with more options (lattes, mochas etc).
on 16 July 2006
No dramas with this little machine. Haven't managed to find any hot chocolate at the supermarkets near me, but otherwise it has all been pretty easy. I think the cappucino milk things are a waste of time/money. Best to heat up milk in the microwave, add a shot of espresso and have a nice latte instead.

Have to admit that I was wary about getting one as I had had Kenco coffee before in hospital machines and it tasted awful. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really like this stuff.

Feel guilty about the waste, but really do enjoy my little coffee machine.
on 18 April 2005
Love this product. I live in the North East and have had no problem finding the refill. Try Tesco and Morrison. Both these shops have the full range of refills in our area. I nearly bought a different pod machine as I thought that is was quite pricey but I can't live without it now. The Cappucino is the best. Prefect every time and you can also adjust the taste to suit. Would defo recommend anyone who loves fresh coffee to buy one. It is worth spending that little extra for a quality cup of coffee etc.
on 26 February 2006
I have had my tassimo machine for around 5 months now and i am extremely impressed with it. It makes your drink in around 30 seconds. It makes tea, coffee, espresso, and of course the best of the lot suchard hot chocolate. If You like your drink a little bit weaker than the machine makes then dont worry their is a manual mode that allows you to adjust the volume of water to taste. I thourghly recommend this machine as the drinks taste great and it is easy to use. Oh and you get to free packs of disks in the box. A must have appliance in your kitchen.
on 6 October 2005
Too be honest i bought this machine on the feedback of others and I am glad I did...very easy to use with no mess at all.
When you first use it make sure that you clean the machine propely with the cleaning T-Bag that comes with it and that is it your ready to go, No messy filters or luke warm coffee.
I have tryed all the diffrent types or coffee and the tea (still trying to get hold of the chocolate) and they are very good,wonderful taste and aroma.
It may get expensive using this machine for all your coffee and tea needs (dont get rid of the instant coffee) due to the price and the quantity you get in the packets of T-Bag inserts.
All in all quite impressed.
on 28 December 2006
Was bought one of these for chrismas and I am very impressed, makes lovley coffee in next to no time. the only thing I find dissapointing is the amount of noise it creates but I can live with that.
on 13 October 2005
I bought this machine today and went to my local sainsbury and purchased the chocolate and 2 types of coffee. The tea was not available but had a free pack in the machine.(I think a larger Sainsbury store will stock them) My husband loves his tea and thinks the machine makes good tea. The drinks are hot and quick I can see this being constantly in use and will not end up in the cupboard like all my other kitchen gadgets. An excellent buy.
on 15 September 2005
This machine is great if you fancy a quick coffee in the morning but don't have a lot of time. Just fill it up with water, pop the pod in and in no time at all you'll have a great tasting hot drink. The hot choc is fab as is the coffee but the tea is slightly disappointing.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
It's interesting to read people's reviews on this machine. My view has actually changed over time. I have had this system for nearly a year now, and I couldn't sing its praises more in the beginning - I would have rated it 5 stars. So simple to use, you just push the button and leave it to do the rest.

For the pluses, there is a wide range of coffee, especially if you buy them online, and they usually arrive within a week. The coffees/teas are also available in most large supermarkets, but you will probably see just one or two drinks in the smaller stores. It only takes a few seconds to warm up, and once the cup is in position then it really is just the push of a button - the bar code on each capsule tells the machine how much water to release, and at what temperature.

As for the downsides, there are no chilled drinks available (as yet), it seems to have aged considerably in looks - I think it looks dated yet other machines still look stylish.

I bought my partner a Dolce Gusto for Christmas, and although it has a much smaller range of capsules, (and surprisingly no teas!) you only have to try a chococino or a lungo, and you will be converted.

I can't comment on the milk capsules, as I only drink black coffee, but I will be offloading this Tassimo at some point in the very near future and converting to the DG.

Tassimo seem to be increasing their capsule range a lot more than the DG, and the teas are all very good, and as for the coffees, the Crema Intenso is the best by far. Be careful, I ended up spending a ridiculous amount of money on trying out the coffees online, and as a result spent several weeks wide-eyed and fidgety!

Don't get me wrong, I have been more than happy with the system, and would recommend it, especially for the ranges of drinks - if you like both tea and coffee, then this is definitely the choice.

For me personally, from now on, I will be happy with just lungos and chocochinos from DG.