on 5 January 2012
My daughter got this as a Christmas present, we spent just over an hour doing most of the experiments, some were more successful than others. The slime went down well, as did the volcano, but the lava lamp was a bit of a damp squib, even though we tried twice, the fireworks were pretty but not much to them, and due to the weather we didn't do the other two experiments.
On the down side the sand is pretty much there to give a bit of weight to the box it doesn't add anything to the volcano experiment, except extra washing up, the food colouring didn't have any lids on the tubs so once you had broken the seals on the little tubs that was it.
But we did happily pass an hour or so.
0Comment68 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2012
This was brought for my friends 6 year old as a birthday present. She absolutely loved this experiment box especially the volcano.
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2011
Totally wicked! It's Fun and creative, you can do the projects one at a time per day, the kids will interact with a Bang!
0Comment30 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2012
My wife is a chemistry teacher and our grandson asked for this my wife is really impressed with the product and is contemplating purchasing this item to teach her students about explosives. Arrives on Tuesday the 24th of November and was not due until the 4th December was packaged well and as described.
0Comment23 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2015
Briliantly successful for an imaginative, interested 11 year old. Lots to do, and plenty to stimulate more enquiry. It is a very good series for those on the edge of moving from Primary to Secondary education, where fun and information are generously mixed, with facts lingering on long after the smells have disappeared!
on 21 June 2012
a great and fun way to learn science in new ways, kids loved it nothing better than blowing things up.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2012
most important children enjoy this toy. clear instructions but also needs them to make an effort to succeed. this is our second purchase of this range and would continue to buy.
0Comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2013
I bought this kit as a tiny bit of fun to do at Christmas and i must say it was a HUGE let-down - (my kit came with less parts than listed but..........) the kit actually doesn't contain much - the most part of this you have to supply the rough ingredients so in other words you can do without this kit - it actually only contains a couple of parts for a rocket and a small volcano and a BIG BOOK telling you what you need to supply yourself - But it was HUGE fun when we did it - but to be honest these are fun things you can find on the internet for free - you have to supply about the same amount of stuff - so my advice - just find some home experiments online!
0Comment40 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2015
Good collection of experiments with a well written and informative instruction book. The volcano worked a treat and reached a height of several feet for a few seconds during the "eruption" (take care if using inside!) and the "super snot" impressed my 12 year old. Have yet to try the other experiments.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
I bought this for my 8 year old brother and he loves it! He needed quite a lot of supervision but it would be perfect for those aged 10+. The experiments themselves are fun (and easy!) plus they are all completely reusable so it is not a one off thing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse