on 5 January 2012
My daughter got this as a Christmas present, we spent just over an hour doing most of the experiments, some were more successful than others. The slime went down well, as did the volcano, but the lava lamp was a bit of a damp squib, even though we tried twice, the fireworks were pretty but not much to them, and due to the weather we didn't do the other two experiments.
On the down side the sand is pretty much there to give a bit of weight to the box it doesn't add anything to the volcano experiment, except extra washing up, the food colouring didn't have any lids on the tubs so once you had broken the seals on the little tubs that was it.
But we did happily pass an hour or so.
on 3 December 2012
My wife is a chemistry teacher and our grandson asked for this my wife is really impressed with the product and is contemplating purchasing this item to teach her students about explosives. Arrives on Tuesday the 24th of November and was not due until the 4th December was packaged well and as described.
on 22 August 2011
Totally wicked! It's Fun and creative, you can do the projects one at a time per day, the kids will interact with a Bang!
on 11 December 2012
This was brought for my friends 6 year old as a birthday present. She absolutely loved this experiment box especially the volcano.
on 11 January 2015
Briliantly successful for an imaginative, interested 11 year old. Lots to do, and plenty to stimulate more enquiry. It is a very good series for those on the edge of moving from Primary to Secondary education, where fun and information are generously mixed, with facts lingering on long after the smells have disappeared!
on 21 January 2013
I bought this kit as a tiny bit of fun to do at Christmas and i must say it was a HUGE let-down - (my kit came with less parts than listed but..........) the kit actually doesn't contain much - the most part of this you have to supply the rough ingredients so in other words you can do without this kit - it actually only contains a couple of parts for a rocket and a small volcano and a BIG BOOK telling you what you need to supply yourself - But it was HUGE fun when we did it - but to be honest these are fun things you can find on the internet for free - you have to supply about the same amount of stuff - so my advice - just find some home experiments online!
on 21 June 2012
a great and fun way to learn science in new ways, kids loved it nothing better than blowing things up.
on 17 January 2016
Not as good as i thought it would be. Volcano didn't really work, but not bad to pass away a couple of hours. the green gunge is probably the easiest experiment. I was worried about harmful substances but it was very safe to use by children.
on 2 February 2012
most important children enjoy this toy. clear instructions but also needs them to make an effort to succeed. this is our second purchase of this range and would continue to buy.
on 29 April 2014
I bought this because my two girls enjoyed the indoor chemistry set, they are 5 and 8 and thought it looked like fun. How disappointed was they. Basically you have to add huge amounts of cooking oil, add a bit of bicarbonate soda and watch it fizz. I can do that for practically nothing, not £14. Also, it states fireworks on the box err let me tell you this, the only firework was by placing some coloured oil in water, in a clear bowl, put some paper behind the bowl and watch the firework display (Instructions words not mine)...what a joke. Don't waste your money.