5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bike Stand
Geared Up Grandstand Single Bike Floor Stand
Published on 22 May 2009 by Brian

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear....
Having an X-Large framed mountain bike, I had high hopes that this would cope with the size/high centre of gravity. Sadly not and twice now my reasonably expensive bike has crashed to the ground, damaging the frame of the bike. Not happy. Having said that it is robust in build as I have tried, in vain, to beat the cr@p out of it and it stayed intact.

My advice:...
Published on 25 May 2011 by P. Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bike Stand, 22 May 2009
Brian - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Geared Up Grandstand Single Bike Floor Stand
This really does everything it promises , as they say. A faultlessly , clever design and will probably last forever. I now know that my bike will never fall down , unexpectedly. A bit pricey but worth the money for the peace of mind. You can take it anywhere your bike goes as well. Buy it , if you don't want your bike to fall over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike Stand, 12 Jan 2010
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
Great bike stand for the money. Does what is says and holds my hybrid bike upright.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear...., 25 May 2011
P. Rose (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)

My advice: this might be good for a child's bike or a smaller framed ladies bike but if you want something that will work for a large framed bike, then pay more for a metal product.

1 star for the robust build....

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Keen, 28 Mar 2012
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
Just got this to help keep my new MTB upright in the kitchen and I'm not that keen on it.

Firstly it's quite difficult to fit the second hoop - but it can be done.

Secondly and, to me more worrying, the bike seems to be supported by the spokes.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
This really is a poor quality product and I am surprised Amazon allow it to be sold with the sellers current description which in my opinion falls way short on accuracy.

When my stand arrived by post, reasonably promtly, it was packaged with a water bottle and carrier. My wife could not believe the packgae contained a bike stand as it was so light. On opening I was presented with a very lightweight and flimsy plastic product. Of the 4 nuts and bolts supplied, 1 set would not screw together (I tried all combinations). Quality control??? I sourced a new screw/nut locally.

When assembled according to the instructions and then put to use on level ground supporting the back wheel, I found my bike swayed very easliy at the lightest of touches and fell over when I attempted to wash it. I had bought the stand to use when undertaking light maintenance and cleaning but it is no way up to the task and I am back to leaning my bike up gainst a wall until I can source a more substantial product locally. I have a standard Specialized Rockhopper mountain bike with 17.5in.frame.

This particular stand will either be given to someone who could use it for a very lighweight bike such as a kids or it will be thrown into a nearby skip. At half the price this stand is simply not worth it.

The sellers need to be realistic about the type of bike this product is suitable for and state as such in their product description.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike stand, 30 July 2012
Rev. D. Hawthorn (Ellon, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
The stand arrived in good time and required assembly. That proved slightly awkward in securing the bolts. But once assembled it proved to be ideal and has the advantage of adjusting to suit different types of bike. Would certainly recommend this reasonably priced item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product for a small price, 12 Jun 2011
Mrs. J. Butterworth "JB" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
These are excellent, I ordered three to avoid our bikes falling onto each other & keep the garage looking tidy & they work a treat, take up no space & you can move them around wherever you like! highly recommended. May not suit heavier mountain bikes, but great for road bikes, kids bikes etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it does, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
I use it for my Hybrid bike with rear panniers - seems to cope perfectly well and hasn't let the bike fall over yet.
I bought it mostly for washing and to avoid the cost of a proper repair stand (chain washing, brake replacements, cable lubing etc) but also use it as an alternative to propping it against the house wall.

It does seem to interfere with the derailleur if it is on a low gear (no damage, but chain will go slack - hence 4star rating), so I have to remember to pull upto the house in a higher gear than I used to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic power is poor power, 16 Oct 2010
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
I bought 2 of these recently to hold up my kids 2 bikes in a Bike Tent which I also bought trying in order to make extra space in one's shed. The Bike Tent is great however these plastic stands are of no use at all. The clearly are not strong enough to hold a bike upright esp if your bike is from mid size 16/17 inch upwards to adult. The weight of the bike clearly is not held upright and one has to ensure the front wheel is turned 90 degrees to ensure any real stability. The size of the feet which obviously takes all the weight are just too short and another half length would benefit this design greatly. I would recommend looking for something made of metal with large feet when looking to hold up larger bikes ... and that is what I intend to do now. Anyone who wants 2 of these at a knock down price .. then make contact. Waste of money so do not be had by any high stars on this page. I offer 2 stars as it does hold up the bike but not without extra help.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR ADULT SIZE BIKES, 2 May 2012
This review is from: GearUp Grand Single Bike Floor Stand - Black (Sports)
I bought this very stand from Amazon in August 2010 having read the two positive reviews.

Unfortunately I hadn't opened the packaging for a number of months; when I did I found the bolts missing from the packaging (very poor show from Amazon!)

Having owned/used this stand my honest advice is avoid buying this stand unless you only intend to use it for a kids bike.

The stand is lightweight (not in a good way)
An adults bike does not stay upright for long as the stand is unstable and topples over.

WORST of all the bike is supported by the spokes !!!