1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci Fi Comedy, 4 Dec 2011
Peter T. Dalziel (SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morons From Outer Space & Alien From L.A. [DVD] [1985] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
I bought this disc mainly for "Morons From Outer Space".
It was a real blast from the past to see it again, I thoroughly enjoyed it as there are some really funny moments in it as Mel Smith, Gryff Rhys Jones,Jimmy Nail and a whole host of well known faces lampoon movies such as Close Encounters and E.T.
The special effects are suprisingly good too which I think have kept the movie fresh and not looking dated at all.

The big suprise though was the other movie, "Alien From L.A.".
Director Albert Pyun did one of my favourite films of all time,"Radioactive Dreams" which sadly has never been released on DVD but this picture was also directed by him.
A lot of the same style is used here so I guess thats why I liked it so much as its kind of got that same feel to it.
A young woman from L.A. embarks on an adventure which leads her to an underground world full of bizarre characters living in a gigantic secret city.
This movie is like a comedy version of "Blade Runner" meets "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" if that makes any sense at all.
I had never seen it before and I'm glad I got the chance as it was a real treat.