5.0 out of 5 stars They've still got it!, 9 Mar 2005
Amazon Customer (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Thunder are a band who I've enjoyed since the beginning - I was just coming up to 14 and starting to discover rock music when the sensational Back Street Symphony was released and since then I've always had there CD's near the top of the pile.
The 3 albums that followed Back Street Symphony were good - not quite on a par with it, but every album had at least a couple of tracks or more that were instant classics and you'd pay your money for alone.
Then came 'giving the game away', which for me was a terrible album - too many sickly ballads, and not enough rawk! At that point I thought they'd had their day and sure enough a year or so later they went their seperate ways.
When they got back together I was immensely sceptical, mainly for the reasons given above that I thought they'd probably had their day. Out came the new album, which I bought, and it has to be said there are a few crackers on it, but for the most part I thought it was fairly mediocre, and didn't change my opinion that maybe we'd seen the best of them.
So I approached the 'Magnificent Seventh' with general cynicism and not expecting too much, but having had it on the stereo since I bought it a few weeks ago I take back everything I've said about them being over the hill - it is an absolutely fantastic album and the best I've bought for some time.
The opening song is good, but most 1st songs on Thunder albums are good, but then they get better - the second track 'Gods of War' is one of the finest Thunder tracks ever, and the good songs keep on coming - 'Monkey see, Monkey Do', 'Amy's on the run', 'You Can't keep a good man down' - I could almost be sitting in my school uniform at home all those years ago, the hairs on the back of my neck raised as I listened to Back Street Symphony for the first time.
Everything about this album says special, in a way only Thunder know - Luke Morley's music and lyrics are as strong as they've ever been, and Danny's voice just seems to get better with time - this is not an album that says 'band who use to be good trying to eak the last few drips out of their talent' it says 'band who use to be good - starting to look great'.
They will probably never succede commercially as well as they did in the early days, but I truly believe that with the back catalogue of top notch songs Thunder have built up, and the fact that 6 albums later they're still producing songs of the same quality, they have to be considered one of the greatest and most consistent bands this country has ever produced.
David C

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to form from the days of yonder, 4 Mar 2005
Right from the first moment I got my grubby hands on this album I realised it was thunder at their finest. I'm being totally serious here when I say that this album is already up there with the first two albums for sheer passion, song writing virtuoso and quality. There are no filler or indifferent songs here! Standout tracks include 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' (sees danny's vocal stronger than ever wove together over a bed of heavy guitars),'Together or apart' (Lukes epic nod to Led Zeppelin perhaps? - bound to become a classic song) and 'I'm Dreaming again' (Laid back bluesy-rock with Luke's marvellous lyrical ability). There are not enough words I could write to do this album justice - simply buy it and TURN IT UP!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 27 Mar 2005
Mrs. N. Dawson "nic_kick" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This album is by far the best. Seeing Thunder live just recently it just makes the cd even better to listen to.
Gods of Love and Amy's on the run are worth paying for the cd, great tracks that I'm listening to over and over again.
Buy this and you won't be cheated. Go and buy the others too.....
My fave British band for years now and worth every penny on any of their cds. (I even love Giving the game away)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin - MAGNIFCENT, 9 April 2005
Having recently been introduced to Thunder and seeing them live, I am of the opinion that they are one of the best bands in the country and this album has only confirmed my views. Full of great riffs and head bopping songs, this is going to be in my car stereo for a long time to come.
The only thing I am a little disappointed with is the song Amy on the Run. I was really excited that I would have a song with my name it, they are few and far between, and although it is a great song it caused my husband to laugh out loud. Why did Amy have to be a man????? I will never live this down, having said that it is a great song and could be one of the best on the album!!
Great album guys, this has to be a must have in all rock collections!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thunder CD, 7 July 2014
This group Rocks great Cd enjoyed it and still do

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album., 2 July 2014
Mr. A. N. Mcgill (London) - See all my reviews
A great album. "I love you more than rock 'n roll is amazing" (especially the cowbells), I love "Any's on the run" and "You can't keep a good man down" really rocks when you've had a bad day. The other tracks are pretty good too, making it a solid album and much played. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Magnificent Seventh [German Import] (Audio CD)
I don't know much about Thunder as I bought this CD for a friend. He seems really happy with it though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Album nr. seven, 8 Dec 2013
Thunder are, in my opinion, one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever to come out of Britain. The Magnificent Seventh is possibly the weakest album of the latter half of their career, but still rocks like a hurricane. It's great. The others are just a tiny bit greater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb classic rock, 18 Aug 2010
I. H. Roblin (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Thunder were as good as Thin Lizzy - end of.

If you like classic hard, bluesy rock, buy this.

Finally, they must be the only rock'n'roll band who have used the word 'inertia' in their lyrics.

Class act, Gods.

5.0 out of 5 stars top stuff, 25 Feb 2005
By A Customer
fab,fab,fab - the best rock act in the UK are back with a blinder. This is what real rock'n'roll is all about.

The Magnificent Seventh [German Import]
The Magnificent Seventh [German Import] by Thunder (Audio CD - 2005)