on 29 January 2013
It's beige in color, not black as it shown in the picture. I had to chase seller twice for cable, finally arrived after 30 days. Ironically, arrived within two days of leaving poor feedback!!!.
Product - Shamble. Bought to extend charger for Galaxy tab2, its been charging since 4 hour (without use) and has only charged 8%. In a way I got what I paid for, Lesson learned, must consider previous poor feedback before placing order, however no regrets since it was only a quid and bit.
on 4 February 2009
Arrived very promptly - very reasonably priced, and does the job well. Thank you!
on 18 July 2012
I bought this item upon the hundred or so excellent reviews, many of which mentioned charging iPhones, iPods and iPads, however, it is unable to carry sufficient voltage to charge the iPad, instead bringing up the ubiquitous 'Not Charging' error.

I'm quite sure that if you just wanted to extend a USB Thumb Drive this would be the perfect product for you, but just ignore the fact that it is called Hi Speed. It doesn't seem to be.
on 3 September 2013
I guess that for the price I should not have expected much. I wanted an extension lead to take a USB port on the rear of a desktop machine and plug an external HDD into it. Note that the HDD works fine with the lead supplied and other shorter extension leads, but I just needed a slightly extension.

Unfortunately, when I plugged the drive into the extension lead, all that I got was a clicking noise from the drive which then refused to connect to the PC. Using it without the extension was fine, similarly it was fine with other shorter extension leads.

This lead does work with memory sticks and other low power devices and I therefore conclude that this lead has a high resistance and will not transmit sufficient power for an external HDD.

As such, the lead won't do what I needed it for and I can only give it 1*.

If, however, you just want to plug a memory stick in then this will probably be ok.

So cheap it wasn't even worth sending back. The seller did deliver promptly so can't complain about the service.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2008
This item does exactly what it needs to. The length was more than enough, and the speed was excellent - it wasn't slowed down at all. A great buy.
on 26 April 2009
Just what I needed as I have no USB socket on the front of my computer. Works brilliantly !!
A USB plug to socket extension lead for when you have awkward shaped items to charge and you don't have enough room around the USB socket, and all for well under £2 and delivered within 3 days.
on 16 November 2010
I paid £0.87 for this item and don't know how they managed to supply it postage free for the price.
I bought the cable to allow me to extend the reach of the XBox wireless modem cable so that I could locate the XBox where I wanted it rather than where I could get a wireless network signal - worked perfectly.
on 19 April 2013
I've had the extension cable for a few days, it's worked well, so far. When placing the promtly received order I did expect that the cable would look as it did in the image, but upon opening the opaque grey plastic packet it came in, I was surprised to see a creamy white cable inside. A black cable would have been preferred as it would have matched all the rest of my cables, particularly the charger it's extending, but hey, it works. I would also have liked it to clasp better to attached cables. It doesnt slip out, but I feel it could be easily pulled out.

Pros: I can now charge and use my phone while standing at the other side of my bedroom.
Cons: The cable wasn't black.
on 9 February 2014
At the price - and the cost of posting it back - it was much simpler to just throw it in the bin. I used it to connect my Toshiba portable HDD to my PC. This had been working perfectly (but needed a longer cable to get it off the desk) until I fitted this extension. The HDD got very upset as soon as I connected it with the extension fitted. Going back to the previous, shorter, extension cable solved the problem and fortunately no damage had been done. Part of me wanted to test the extension on something else, but the more sane part talked me out of it. "If it looks like being too good to be true ......" Don't endanger your equipment by using cheap rubbish to connect it!