5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic machine!, 10 Oct 2006
This review is from: Kenwood Patissier MX271 Mixer, 4 Litre 400W (Red) (Kitchen & Home)
I actually own the cream coloured version of this machine but thought I'd add the first review of this one, instead. I've owned this machine for about a year. If you've ever longed for perfect mashed potato, as served in the best restaurants, this is the machine for you. Merely add the whole, boiled potatoes to the bowl with the K flat beater, add butter and hot milk/cream to taste, switch on and walk away! 1 minute later you have perfect, fluffy, non-gloopy mash.

You can also make superb pizza dough in seconds (much healthier than shop bought) and I freeze my pizza bases. I have made many cakes and meringues (too many, although I didn't eat them all!!!) and got continual requests from my family for more. Unlike a food processor, this doesn't chop up things like mixed fruit, choc chip, etc. and really mixes anything and everything superbly, due to the planetary action. It is whisper quiet, too.

This machine is 400w which is more powerful than the much desired Kitchen Aid machine. It also has 12 speeds. So you really are getting so much more for your money and it looks good, too. It's a real work horse. Get one! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasing!, 9 Aug 2008
Looking for a mixer, I was very partial to the kitchen aid, but after careful browsing, I came across this nice Red Kenwood Patissier Mixer. After reading the reviews, and seeing the price, I was in no doubt it was the one I wanted!
Once home, I was suprised at the size! You do need a good space on the work top, as well as height to lift the top.

I love making cakes, and its always been tiresome creaming the sugar and butter together. Using the K beater on this mixer, its quick and easy and the cakes are always light and fluffy.
I've done mashed potatoes, which were lovely, and have also used the beater for many things, however small.
I'm yet to use the dough mixing tool, but I'm sure thats just as good as the others.
Plus, everything (but the stand!) can go into the dishwasher, (although I usually do mine by hand, as I can sometimes use the appliance twice a day!)
Now, I dont have a bad word to say about this mixer. The only downside is that I may make my entire family overweight, as I'm continually baking lol

5.0 out of 5 stars I dont have to say much more, 4 Feb 2009
Mr. R. Diesel "R Diesel" (London) - See all my reviews
Look at it, its stunning and it works like magic, its quiet, it does its job and it works very hard in our kitchen, its easy to clean, it wants to work and the handle on the bowl make it so much easier to deal with. I love it so much that I want to just put it on display at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars the mixer for me, 2 Jun 2007
i was desperate to get a kitchenaid just like any chef would. but then i found the kenwood chef range which was much much more power full at 1000w. then the price held me back as well as the fact i wouldnt need such power. then i found this lovely thing, its cheaper than most mixers, its more power full than the ever alluering kitchenaid and it does look good on the work top the only problem so far is that the space on the worktop it takes up (i have very little space)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!, 9 Oct 2008
C. Gibson - See all my reviews
My absolute prized posession!! If my house was on fire i would grab this first. A bargain in comparison to the Kitchen Aid and with the exception of not being able to use attachments with it, definately up to the same standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 Jan 2008
Checked out the other reviews on this item (and the cream coloured one too)prior to buying it, and think it's great!. Very quiet machine and the finish oozes quality compared to other (not Kenwood) mixers I've looked at that are cheaper. I'm not much of a cook - but this really takes the headache out of making pastry and cakes! All I can advise is that I was looking for a good quality reasonably priced mixer - and I've been really delighted with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price!, 14 Feb 2013
Got this mixer 5 years ago, but just now decided to rate it!
Very strong, still works. Mixes well. Very good for the money £150 at that time...
Just wish it was a bit faster, but great anyway.
I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Patissier, 19 Feb 2009
Mr. Michael Welsh (Devonshire England) - See all my reviews
After looking at possible alternatives I decided on the Patissier for its good value and good looks.
In use it lives well up to expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cake happy, 10 Feb 2009
I bake a lot so when my handheld mixer died I took the chance to buy this mixer, it is super. There are some really great ideas in the book and all my old favourites work brillently. A great bonus is that it leaves your hands free to do other things like more shopping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 11 April 2008
Judith Mccafferty (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I had a Kenwood chef for 30 years until it died, and I saw the cream version of this in a well known electrical store, but it was always out of stock. I got the red one on the internet and now it's £20 cheaper! It's fab for bread and cakes. Does everything I used a chef for but it's decorative too! Get it!

Kenwood Patissier MX271 Mixer, 4 Litre 400W (Red)
Used & New from: £279.00