5.0 out of 5 stars A rare gem - perfect harmony
The first I heard of The Pierces was when Amazon.com recommended them to me. I had a quick listen, bought the CD, then was hooked.

Published on 26 July 2006 by Andrew Parkin

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
I bought this for my husband who did not think it was as good as subsequent albums. He was very disappointed.
Published 4 months ago by Catherine Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare gem - perfect harmony, 26 July 2006
Andrew Parkin (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Light Of The Moon [Us Import] (Audio CD)

Basically, The Pierces are 2 sisters who sing brilliantly together in harmony. The style of music is generally AOR, but without any of the slush that sometimes spoils the genre. Their voices are sometimes fragile (I Should Have Known, sometimes rocking (Way to Us) but always in perfect harmony.

If you are a fan of female vocals in harmony (also worth trying Eisley, Astronaut Wife and Wailin' Jennys) then this is for you.

First class

5.0 out of 5 stars On the other hand maybe this is their best album?, 3 Jun 2011
3rd June 2011

Hi All,

Previously i reviewed The Pierces (the album) and while playing it thought it was their best. Now i am playing Light of the Moon (to help me review it) and i am thinking surely this is their best album. I suspect whichever of their four albums i am playing will be my favourite of the moment.

I can't even decide which are my favourite tracks; they are all more than good: tonight or Louisa at the moment, but tomorrow maybe some of the other tracks will resonate more closely with my heart and soul. Each song stands on its own, but i recommend you play the album in its entirety.

Beautiful passionate music, full of the joys and sorrow of the heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb Pireces album, 28 Jun 2011
Ag Man (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Light Of The Moon [Us Import] (Audio CD)
Hard to choose between this and their debut - both are absolutely brilliant. Magical harmonies, great songs - what more could you wish for? If like me you've only just discovered The Pierces (due to the publicity for their new album You & I), don't overlook these first two albums - they're unmissable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 9 Jun 2014

Light Of The Moon [Us Import]
Light Of The Moon [Us Import] by The Pierces (Audio CD - 2005)