5.0 out of 5 stars Great change from usual nursery-rhyme drivel
I bought this because I am sick to death of having to listen to the same saccharine nursery rhyme-themed CD's in the car, and have not regretted doing so. Even though my 3 year old insists on listening to the same tracks again and again and again ... the fun songs (many of which I remember from my childhood), and 2 CD format, will ensure a slightly longer lifespan than...
Published on 21 April 2009 by LH

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this disc
Very disappointed in this disc. Many of the songs are not really for children, more what could be called humorous adult , for example 'Lilly the Pink'. Now it unfortunately feels awkward to be playing Rolf Harris to children. I bought this to play in the car with grandchildren. Went through once and had to move forward on many of the tracks. Will not play again.
Published 2 months ago by Gill Bliss

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, wouldn't recommend, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
I bought this CD based on the reviews, and the songs listed, but wish I'd listened to a couple of samples first. There are a couple of good songs on there, but as pointed out by my husband, they are not so much children's favourite songs, as the songs we remember from our childhoods. Some of the songs are ok, but some are very muffled and all are quite old/dated sounding. I may keep one or two of the songs, but the CD itself will get passed on asap. Nellie the Elephant, The Teddy Bears Picnic etc, were a nice trip down memory lane, but in total, I regret purchasing this CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 21 July 2011
Che-Hsiung Liu (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
It claaims it's a collection of traditional kid's favourities, and also saw other review saying it's good. OMG,when I listen it, I don't think children or baby will like to listen these version of songs for longer than 10 mins, all sound very odd and weird compare to other CD, my baby just cry and cry... I am not sure this CD is design for adult or for the baby and children? In my opinion, believe or not, this is not great for baby/children to listen, but good for adult to relax when they are tired.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 18 Nov 2008
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
This cd was purchased for my son, it very well maybe the worst cd I've come across for children, starting with "Jake the Peg" by Rolf Harris, apparently Jake the peg had three legs, and when he was a baby his father found it difficult to put his nappy on... No I'm not joking this is on the first track of the cd! This cd struck me as more of an adult comedy skit, Im trying in some way to end on a positive note...

Unhappy with purchase, can I have a refund?

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
I wish had checked the reviews first I don't normally have time to write a review on Amazon but this is AWFUL not very educational for children old fashioned songs oh dear pinky and perky was enough for me I had to turn it off dont waste your money shop around ..

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible CD, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
The first time I played this cd in the car my 3 year old son said "mummy, no like music" I took it off as I myself was not impressed with the first song which was about a three legged boy......
It's really not a very fun cd for children....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a children's CD, 12 April 2011
This review is from: The Best Of Children's Songs (Audio CD)
I went with all the good reviews because there were so few bad reviews but really, this is NOT a good children's CD and I feel that maybe those that are giving it a good rating are doing it based on nostalgia rather than what will entertain the average child.

In all fairness I have to state that I am American so I did not recognize these songs at all. I knew that would happen and I didn't care because if the CD was entertaining who cares right?

The biggest put off of this CD is the old time singer format. I felt I was listening to music from the 40's rather than a children's CD.

Summary:

*Songs too old
*Old time format with the singing
*Songs unfamiliar
*Did not entertain my son

The Best Of Children's Songs
The Best Of Children's Songs by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2005)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available