5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest surprise of the year so far....., 5 Aug 2005
This review is from: Punchdrunk (Audio CD)
Okay, first - confession time. I'm a bit biased 'cos I've known Ecki for something in excess of 25 years, and that was the only reason I bought the album (well, that and curiosity...).
That said, it's good. Really good. I didn't know what to expect as I thought he was still working as a music photographer (and a good one at that) and didn't even know he had a band, but as the review title says, I was surprised. From Back On Your Side's Deacon Blue-ish sound to the haunting celtic undertones of Firesong, I loved every note. This is an excellent album to unwind to, as it leaves me feeling good after every playing. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any collection?, 26 July 2005
This review is from: Punchdrunk (Audio CD)
I saw Ecki play an accoustic set at the weekend and was just blown away. I bought the album from him at the bar after the gig and have been playing it virtually non-stop since.
Every once in a while an album comes along that you can just relate to on so many levels, for me this is on of those albums.
The song Paris and New York is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard and in my opinion is worth the cost of the album alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 11 Mar 2005
J. Symonds (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Punchdrunk (Audio CD)
A great debut album from Ecki, a mix of catchy rock tunes and tranquil ballads.
My obvious highlights are 'Never quite got it right' which is a great, stomping song and 'Back on your side' a sing along classic.
Pulse I and Paulse II are also favourites showing Ecki's ability to create beautifully sublime songs.
If you enjoy music by the likes of Damien Rice, Ben Harper or Snowpatrol you will really enjoy this. I look forward to the next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, 10 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Punchdrunk (Audio CD)
after listening to this album I have decided this is one of the best I have listened to in a long time.
I am sure it brings back emotions that all of us have been through at some point in our lives,the ups and downs of the relationship game!
With his knack of hitting the right phrasing to stir such emotions I think this album should be a must have,not just for the sound of Ecki's voice but also for the backing music,which adds so much to the album.
I havent listened to this artist before but I shall be looking for future output eagerly.

Punchdrunk
Punchdrunk by Ecki (Audio CD - 2005)