Format: Audio CD|Change

Elvis recorded many great love songs during his career so trying to select just twenty-four for this compilation must have been a daunting task.
Several of those selected are the obvious classics that will be forever associated with Elvis (even if one or two of them were previously recorded by other singers) - these include Are you lonesome tonight, Can't help falling in love, Always on my mind, It's now or never, Love me tender, A fool such as I, The wonder of you and There goes my everything.
There also some Elvis songs that aren't always selected for compilations of this type (Don't, If I can dream) as well as covers of songs generally associated with other singers, but which Elvis sing superbly. These include Hawaiian wedding song, Fever, Let it be me, And I love you so, You don't have to say you love me and Unchained melody.
While this collection has much to commend it, you may wish to consider the similarly themed double CD (50 greatest love songs), which contains most of the tracks here and appears to offer better value for money.
on 22 April 2013
In 1992 the "From The Heart" love song compilation made the top 5 albums list in the UK, reaching No. 4 In 1997 the "Always On My Mind" compilation reach No. 3. In 2005 in the midst of the hype created by the re-release of the No. 1 singles week by week which saw "Jailhouse Rock", "One Night" and "It's Now Or Never" top the UK singles chart each for the second time, with all the other singles released making the top 5, over a 17 week period, this compilation made No. 8 in the album chart.
Now this album does offer a couple of different choices from the earlier two compilations, in that movie tracks such as "Doin' The Best I Can" (from "G. I Blues"), "Hawaiian Wedding Song" (from Blue Hawaii) feature and a live version of "It's impossible", I will be honest and suggest that those wanting to buy a love song compilation would be better off with either "From The Heart" or "Always On My Mind". These two just have the edge on the choice of material. As a bigger collection there is also 2001's "50 Greatest Love Songs" which made No.21 at the time.
Whichever one you do choose, you can't argue against any of the music, it's more a question of which compilation selection you would enjoy most. No matter which you choose, history demonstrates that the material will always be popular. Why? - because it's so damn good!
on 2 June 2012
I had recently heard this CD at a relative's home and, although strictly speaking I'm not an Elvis fan, I'd forgotten just how lovely some of his recordings were. Most of Elvis' most famous songs are featured on here and the quality is very good. The first seven tracks in particular are brilliant, especially "Don't", and I dare anyone to listen to this CD without singing along! The service received was also excellent - it was extremely cheap and yet arrived in pristine condition within two days. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone.
on 3 March 2005
THIS IS A VERY GOOD SELECTION OF LOVE SONGS, BY THE BEST PERFORMER EVER TO LIVE IN EARTH ! I AGREE TO THE PREVIOUS REVIEWER, "THE 50 GREATEST LOVE SONGS" IS EVEN A BETTER PURCHASE.
THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL COVER, THIS IS THE COVER OF THE BRITISH
EDITION. THE OFFICIAL COVER IS THE FAMOUS WERTHEIMER "FRENCH" KISS PHOTO ... JUST FOR THE RECORDS...
on 26 August 2011
For anyone who loves Elvis this is a great album, a great choice of some of his best songs,LOVE IT!!!!!
VINE VOICEon 29 January 2007
nowhere on the cover does this state that the last 10 of the 24 tracks are live recordings, not studio ones. Track 19 has "previously unreleased alternate take 3". how come? its a live recording!I do not like live recordings and feel the record label should clearly state this on the cover.
on 14 July 2013
Haven't got around to playing this yet but as a huge Elvis fan I am sure I will enjoy every song, some I haven't played for a few years. I used to have most of Elvis songs on vinyl so it is nice to be able to start again on CDs now.
on 29 November 2013
1p for an Elvis CD.................WOW you don't get that every day.
Sounds brilliant and song not heard before.
Great CD
on 3 January 2013
Not his best LOVE songs Im afraid, but bought it so will use it.Dont like wasting money. hay hoo we learn by mistakes!!
on 2 January 2014
Excellent Elvis love songs. Not a huge fan, but this album is soft and mellow - great for those long car journeys.