on 5 August 2008
I love the way it looks in my kitchen and have been known to blow kisses at it, but don't tell anyone, ok?

I have three small boys and as you can probably imagine, I don't have time to waste! However with my beautiful KitchenAid Classic mixer, it is so easy to whip up some pancakes for breakfast, fairy cakes (and buttercream icing) for the boys to decorate, a lemon meringue pie for dessert and bread. Lots of gorgeous home made bread. I have the mixer do all the hard kneading work, then I put the dough in the oven to prove while I pick up the boys from school. Then when I get home, I can shape my loaf, get the kids organised with their homework while the bread proves a second time and then in the oven to bake for their tea. Who needs a bread machine? It's really easy to clean after use, too.

I'm sure most of us would love to choose a trendy colour but let's face it, white is neutral so will go with most kitchen decors and the price is well worth it.

Keep an eye out for when Amazon has this on sale. I got mine for half price and free shipping Christmas time 2007. Then a couple of weeks later got the KitchenAid spatula for half price too. What a deal. :)

Signed, Richard's Wife. ;-)
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2008
bought this at the end of dec 2007 from amazon. was a superb price and am absolutely delighted with this mixer. it is far superior to the kenwood chef I had. was also inspired to buy it after seeing and purchasing a few barefoot contessa cook books also from amazon uk.Would recommend the classic mixer to anyone requiring a new mixer excellent quality and so powerful also easy to clean.
on 2 October 2015
Just wish we had purchased one of these years ago. I have been needing and mixing by hand for as long as I can remember. This mixer has taken all the hard work out of making bread and cake mixes. If you enjoy making bread, and have never used a stand up mixer. I would recommend you buying one of these. You can buy cheaper mixer's, but I am a strong believer of you get what you pay for. KitchenAid has a very good review on YouTube and most other places I looked before buying this mixer.
This mixer is very easy to use and clean, I give it 5 stars especially for the price.
on 24 November 2007
Purchase inspired by the Barefoot Contessa. Got this as a Christmas present, but started using it straight away.
This is sturdy, stylish and - well, just brilliant! A bit heavy, but not prohibitively so. Have made allsorts with it so far, and although I'm not much of a baker, it's managed to turn out some fantastic stuff. Would recommend this to anyone - don't waste your money on a Kenwood.
on 14 February 2013
Can't think of one single negative point. It looks good and does a brilliant job, easy to clean too. I love it!
on 30 November 2012
We got this on the 2011 Black Friday deal - fastest finger first and all that. Granted, it's not candy apple green or shiny purple or whatever, but if you're a keen bakist it'll saves hours in the kitchen. I'd almost give it 5 stars but there's a couple of annoyances. When making bread, the head of the mixer really moves about as it works the dough. Not sure if the Artisan also does that but I suspect so. It also tends to leave some cake mix/icing/dough etc stuck to the bowl. I'm tempted to buy one of the 'squeegee' style beaters but the wife copes by scraping out with a spoon at the end.
on 27 October 2013
heard from others they are great mixers but now I can confirm it . A proud owner and love cooking.
on 18 January 2013
If you want a Kitchen Aid and don't mind having it in white, then this is fantastic value. Does everything the Artisan can do and still looks beautiful on the kitchen bench. My family have loved all the pancakes I've been making recently!
VINE VOICEon 11 June 2016
So, let's start with the price. This is, on the face of it, a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a mixer. It mixes things, after all, nothing more than that. So why does it get 5 stars? Because it's incredible.

Some products are perfectly designed to do what they do, and they do it reliably, incredibly well and will last for ages. This is all made of metal. So it's very very heavy indeed. But it also means that you won't split the bowl or drop something and snap the edge off (both things I had done with plastic bowls or jugs. The three attachments - a whisk, a hook and a beaty thing - are also solid, reassuring and heavy.The controls are solid, and chunky - you are in no doubt when it moves from A to B and the ten speed speed setting is more than enough. The bowl itself is hard wearing - I know they use glass ones on Bake Off - this has the metal one.

This will last forever. And work perfectly time and time and time again. It is the mixer than will last forever.

Just don't drop it on your foot
on 22 November 2007
Excellent machine. I had a breadmaker but now use the Kitchen aid for all baking tasks. I also have to show it much respect, always switching it off at the wall before removing beaters etc. It has built in safety features so nothing untoward should happen, but the manufacturers say to disconnect from the supply so I do. I was so impressed that I also bought the mincer and sausage stuffer attachment and the ice cream maker.