5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer White
This is a fantastic piece of kit providing a great alternative to kneading dough for hours on end. Of course it takes stirring, mixing and beating in its stride.
The direct drive motor provides more than enough power but respect must be given to even this machine, and it is imperative to read the instructions before use to ensure the correct speeds are selected for...
Published on 8 July 2007 by Mrs. Anita Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but pricey
I have fancied a Kitchenaid mixer for many moons as I had fallen in love with the retro look of the line. It is a chunky little item and needs to be out in your kitchen as it's a real faff if you have to unpack and pack it out of a cupboard. It does everything you could ask of a decent mixer but I still feel the whole range is woefully overpriced compared to the same...
Published on 23 Nov 2009 by F. Proctor

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it!, 13 May 2010
This review is from: KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White (Kitchen & Home)
As a keen baker I really can't imagine being without my Classic mixer! I also have an KitchenAid Artisan, which was given to me as a wedding gift when we lived in the US. Sadly, with the differences in voltage it's not possible to use here without a transformer (a big ugly thing - more to clutter up the kitchen!). So, when given a Classic as a surprise birthday present I packed away the bigger Artisan and the transformer. Such joy - I'm delighted with the Classic. I do a lot of baking, so it lives permanently on my kitchen worktop without taking up too much space. I much prefer the size of this model, and it does everything I'd like it to. Easy to clean and tucks away nicely into a corner when not in use. My toddler loves being 'in charge' of the mixing speed, and is very good about keeping his fingers out. Saying that, it's much safer with regards to toddler fingers than several other mixers I've used/owned in the past.
Am looking forward to my birthday, when I hope to get the pasta and shredder attachments (sad to have these on my birthday wishlist, but true!!!). Baking, cooking and eating are my top pastimes!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!!!, 21 Jan 2009
Mrs. Beverley C. Ormerod (Penwortham, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I bought this mixer for 149. What a bargain!! So glad I did- it makes excellent cakes and pizza dough with no effort at all. It makes a very satisfying and quality sounding whirr when you switch it on and the results are great. I haven't got a big kitchen but this is not for putting in a cupboard, this is for using- never mind the weight gain, just enjoy!!! Absolutely love it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Mixtastic, 5 Jan 2009
I have hummed and hawed about getting one of these machines for a very long time. I finally succumbed a couple of months ago when Amazon had it on offer at an outstanding 150 - and after asking a friend who already owns one, and hasn't shut up about him in the two years she's had him (he's called Stanley!). I've already got a pretty powerful Magimix, but this is a completely different beast - whenever I turn it on, I can't quite believe the wierd-looking beater is going to work, but so far its done exactly what I've wanted it to. Its' biggest advantage over the magimix though is that it's SO easy to clean - just a smooth bowl and a blade or whisk. I think at it's current price, I'd probably be tempted to upgrade to the artisan, but I really can't fault the Classic, and although I can see how the pouring spout would be useful, I can live without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars question, 1 Dec 2008
Just a query, I saw others had asked a question: I was just about to buy this last night, but I waited til this morning, only to find the price back up. Gutted!

Has anyone been keeping an eye? Is there any chance it might go back down again?

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to return 2 of these!!, 10 Jan 2008
I bought a artisan stand mixer which failed spectacularly with a loud bang and a flash from inside, so i returned it (to John Lewis u.k)., and tried ordering a classic stand mixer, this time from amazon.co.uk.
This didn't even work at all.
Their uk customer care number doesn't work.
I am absolutely appalled at this, as I thought I was buying something that would really last, instead I'm left with the feeling it's overpriced junk.
Avoid!!

4.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid, 27 Dec 2011
I. E. Day - See all my reviews
I like it very much, the only crit I have of it (only minor) is that I find it a bit fiddly removing the the beaters. I had a Kenwood Chef before which was easier in that respect.

4.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid classic mixer, 10 July 2011
Very happy with this product. Cakes turned out light and fluffy and I am not a cake maker! My only negative about this product is the sheer weight of it. Not easy to lift from cupboard to counter top or move around the kitchen. Price-wise cheaper than newer models and that was a deciding factor for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my new machine, 18 Oct 2011
I have been looking forward to getting my new mixer and it is just what I needed. The results so far have been perfect. It is very easy to use and a dream to clean, Great to look at too.

5.0 out of 5 stars MMM Cakes, 22 Jun 2010
Brilliant purchase, bought as a birthday present now my wife spends more time making cakes - happy days

4.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Aid stand mixer, 5 Jan 2010
I bought this as a gift for my wife who has used it several times and is very happy with it. It seems to be very well built and I expect it will last a long time with no problems.

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›