5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer White
This is a fantastic piece of kit providing a great alternative to kneading dough for hours on end. Of course it takes stirring, mixing and beating in its stride.
Published on 8 July 2007 by Anita

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but pricey
I have fancied a Kitchenaid mixer for many moons as I had fallen in love with the retro look of the line. It is a chunky little item and needs to be out in your kitchen as it's a real faff if you have to unpack and pack it out of a cupboard. It does everything you could ask of a decent mixer but I still feel the whole range is woefully overpriced compared to the same...
Published on 23 Nov 2009 by F. Proctor

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer White, 8 July 2007
Anita (Ashford, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White (Kitchen & Home)
The direct drive motor provides more than enough power but respect must be given to even this machine, and it is imperative to read the instructions before use to ensure the correct speeds are selected for each task. For example the wrong speed selected when mixing dough will damage the motor.
Try to position this product in a permanent place in your kitchen as it is most heavy and not easily moved in and out of cupboards.
Cleaning is very easy and the simple design will look good on any kitchen work surface.
A great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Classic mixer, 17 Dec 2012
I received this just the other day and it is lovely.
It is very heavy but I think thats a good thing as it shows to me that it is a solid well made piece of equipment.
I thought that I would try my hand at breadmaking with my new KitchenAid, was amazed at the results, beautiful soft lovely bread first time. So easy,just chuck in all the ingredients and let the mixer do the work. I will never use my breadmaker again, the results just dont compare.
It is very white but will fit in with most kitchens I think.
Very retro looking and absolutley feels bulit to last. I would have liked a black one but I was not willing to put up the best part of another £200 for a colour. I agree with other reviews that the Classic does the job perfectly so i think it is better value than the Artisan.
I will be using this at least 3 times a week for my bread and the odd cake, oh and I believe it does killer mash so will have to try that.
BTW, I got mine as a warehouse deal, damaged box so £236, nothing wrong with it at all! Thank you Amazon.
LOVE IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 11 Jan 2008
I had been thinking about buying a Kitchen Aid Artisan for some time when my husband stumbled across the classic which is cheaper.

The only differences are that the Artisan is slightly more powerful, comes in different colours(The Classic only comes in white) and has a 4.8 litre capacity bowl(4 litre for the classic) with a handle and splash protector. My mother in law has an Artisan which she loves. I decided to go for the Classic and test it out. It arrived broken.

Firstly I must say that Amazon's return service is second to none. I completed the returns form on line and recieved my replacement on the same day that they collected the original.

I can't tell you how pleased I am with it. I stood it next to my Mother in Law's Artisan to compare. Honestly. Unless you are really bothered about the colour I would'nt bother spending the extra money.

Yes I know that it's much cheaper in America but so are a lot of things!

I think that if you want a really sturdy, well built practical and good looking machine that's going to last forever! this is the one for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good workhorse !, 10 Sep 2013
I had this machine for over 5 years and during that time I had no problems with reliability at all. I feel it is important that anyone wishing to buy this machine is aware of the fact that the machine is a little bit smaller than the type usually on display in shops (the artisan type)so bear this in mind if you like to make large batches. I used this machine mainly to make bread as it creates much less mess and I haven't got popeye's arms ! although it was a lot easier the machine really does struggle with wetter doughs and finds it hard work on the motor( though as mentioned I had no problems with reliability) this is the only reason I am giving it a 4/5 so if you are looking to use it often for bread I would by a more powerful machine with a bigger bowl (I will add a review for the machine I upgraded to the kitchenaid heavy duty) if your using it for cakes however I would say go ahead its a great machine (by the way I sold mine on ebay and got my money back in full! fantastic!) if you found my review helpfull please click yes below!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 19 Jan 2013
This is the quintessential American mixer that I gave as a gift to my daughter in Berlin. She loves the the power and mixing ability for heavy batters such as cookies. She reports great versatility as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer, 1 Jun 2007
James Hennessy "James" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This is an absolute briliant product. I have been baking for years and using a hand held electric mixer. I decided to purchase this one and my life is now much easier. I would recomend this to anyone who does even occasional baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of kit..., 5 July 2012
Mr. P. Wade "Phil Wade" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This was the best price we could find online, and it was delivered very quickly. The mixer is superb and we've already had tons of success with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, 5 Aug 2008
I love the way it looks in my kitchen and have been known to blow kisses at it, but don't tell anyone, ok?

I have three small boys and as you can probably imagine, I don't have time to waste! However with my beautiful KitchenAid Classic mixer, it is so easy to whip up some pancakes for breakfast, fairy cakes (and buttercream icing) for the boys to decorate, a lemon meringue pie for dessert and bread. Lots of gorgeous home made bread. I have the mixer do all the hard kneading work, then I put the dough in the oven to prove while I pick up the boys from school. Then when I get home, I can shape my loaf, get the kids organised with their homework while the bread proves a second time and then in the oven to bake for their tea. Who needs a bread machine? It's really easy to clean after use, too.

I'm sure most of us would love to choose a trendy colour but let's face it, white is neutral so will go with most kitchen decors and the price is well worth it.

Keep an eye out for when Amazon has this on sale. I got mine for half price and free shipping Christmas time 2007. Then a couple of weeks later got the KitchenAid spatula for half price too. What a deal. :)

Signed, Richard's Wife. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value, 18 Jan 2013
If you want a Kitchen Aid and don't mind having it in white, then this is fantastic value. Does everything the Artisan can do and still looks beautiful on the kitchen bench. My family have loved all the pancakes I've been making recently!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and hopefully will last a life time, 30 Dec 2013
We opted for the cheaper and classic version of the Kitchen Aid and are happy with the purchase. I like to bake on the weekends so didn't need the bigger version but it weighs a fair amount so bend your knees if moving it about.

The only issue I would point out is that on the neck of the mixer you will see a pin (clear in the picture also). This pin works it's way out when you turn the settings up with the vibrations clearly move the pin which is responsible for keeping the neck together. It's easy to push back in but I still find this annoying considering we paid the amount we paid for this.

Other than that, I love it and it should last a lifetime!

KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White