5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious
Queen latifah is one if the greatest actresses of all time and would strongly recommend this movie to any body because of queen latifah brilliant acting and it has a lovely story to it.
Published on 3 Feb. 2013 by sharon

1.0 out of 5 stars I am sure I would enjoy this movie if I could play the disc
I have a recent LG 3D Blu-Ray player with an up-to-date software installation, but I have had two copies of this disc, and neither of them would play at all, play starts but the counter just stays on zero. Perhaps this is the copy protection the disc claims to have? Maybe this is why they are two for £10?

By all means buy this movie, I am sure it is great, but...
Published 13 months ago by Mr. D. I. Le Quesne

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I am sure I would enjoy this movie if I could play the disc, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Taxi [Blu-ray] [2004] (Blu-ray)

By all means buy this movie, I am sure it is great, but be prepared to be disappointed if it won't play...

1.0 out of 5 stars Only 15% of the original, 1 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I was dubious when I realised Latifah was the main character. On one hand she was OK in "Bone Collector" but on the other hand Hollywood is currently fond of the "Loud mounthed Black Girl" stereotype. In fairness she never goes far enough down that road to be irritating.
If you can't handle movies with subtitles this is a good case for taking special reading classes so you can view the originals. The french movies are quite simply far more funnier, stylish and entertaining. While it is good Hollywood didn't try to make a english language carbon-copy most of the differences aren't that good and the missing bits are very much needed. They keep the same ending to the final chase which is a little boring to those of use who've seen the original. The bicycle opening sequence is different, but not so charming as the scooter race as you see people diving out of the way of the bike. One of the most charming characters of the original was Camile, the cop's mother. Here she is a one-dimensional drunk and it is a pity to see Ann Margret ending up in such a role.
On of the few good original parts is the model searching the female captain but most of what is orginal is not good, and visa versa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 3 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant film!!!!, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I love this film it always makes me laugh. if you love queen latifiah then is is a must for you

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fun - very underrated, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
When I saw the low imdb score for this movie (4.3), I was worried this would be rubbish. But it wasn't. People who hated it must have expected it to be a top class action movie. For an action comedy, it was good. It far exceeded my expectations. Recommended despite the reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
well worth five stars wish i could put ten stars seller discribed it spot on i love the film queen latifiah fantastic actress all i can say if anyone looking for a good comedy with great actors taxi is the dvd to order from this seller

3.0 out of 5 stars recommend., 28 Mar. 2014
Mohammed87 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
the foreign version were better than the American version. anyways I would recommend this movie, I read some reviews saying it was crap, what do they know, I liked it.

cheap, good movie, seller thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dvd, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
watched this film as a family and thought it was a great film and so did the other family members who borrowed it would recommend this dvd and seller to all my friends and family who haven't got it yet

1.0 out of 5 stars A real disappointment, 18 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to this film as I really enjoyed the version released in 1999, which was in french. I was hoping that when the english (well american) version was released it would still have the humour but with improved/updated cars etc...
Unfortunately I should have known better as remakes, especially of foreign films are rarely as good as the originals on which they are based and this one is no exception. Firstly the cast is nowhere near as talented and doesn't fit into the roles in anyway shape or form. Further to this humourous parts in this version are few and far between and pales in comparison to the previous version, maybe this is a consequence of the cast or just the way it has been rewritten.
Even if this film is not compared to the previous version, it doesn't get any better it has no flow to it and watching is a chore. Yes perhaps there is one or two funny moments but this is not enough.
I actually did not watch this film all the way to the end and turned it off, something which I very rarely do but that is how I felt about this film hence its one star.
Basically they (Fox) have made a poor film which should be avoided but if after reading the synopsis you think you will enjoy the film, get the 1999 version instead, yes it's only English subtitles but it is just so very much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars turned up on time, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Taxi [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
arrived perfect as does all products I have purchased from amazon. excellent price and would recommend highly, if you like this film that is.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Taxi [DVD] [2004]
Taxi [DVD] [2004] by Tim Story (DVD - 2005)