Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£7.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 11 January 2005
I absouloutly love steve's voice, it just makes me want listen to him all night.
He has this amazing quility in his voice that either makes you feel relaxed, or makes you want to get up and sing along.
This version of the phill collins classic is even better than the original in my opinion, so much passion in his voice.
There is also two other songs recorded live during the X factor competition, Smile and Help me make it through the night, both of which will make you want to sail away on a cloud.
I mean it, go and buy it straight away you will not be disapointed, and to all of the people who left bad reviews on amazon about him, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT REAL TALENT IS OR WHAT A REAL VOICE SOUNDS LIKE.
on 28 May 2014
A great singer who got on wrong side of Simon Cowell because he had his own vision of what he wanted to sing
on 8 January 2005
Fabulous voice, fabulous version and fabulous talent. I loved it. There's something in his voice that brings out the goose bumps. He appeals to a wide audience [the votes he received proving that]. I'm so looking forward to his new album.
on 19 December 2004
This song was superb when first released by Phil Collins, and Steve Brookstein has equalled, if not surpassed that excellence.
When performing this song for the first time as winner of The X Factor, he giggled in places through the song. Personally, I do not feel this is a bad thing - just simply letting out his emotions.
However, once recorded in the studio we soon discover this mans amazing talent to make this song his own, and to sing it at an excellent standard.
To all fans of Steve, i recommend this single. To people who are unsure, i again recommend this single. The other songs - 'Smile' and 'Help me make it through the night' are equally as unique and good.
And to those doubters of this mans talent, wait until the album comes out. Im sure a lot of people will be proved wrong.
on 18 December 2004
I can't wait to get this single. Think Steve has such a soulful voice & love his version of Against All Odds. Even more pleasing though is the fact that 'Smile' is going to be on this CD. Makes me melt when he sings this..
on 20 December 2004
I have downloaded the single on the official download site. ([...])
And i loved it! I think its a better version than the original. Its far better produced.
It still has the "doofs" of the drums.. and the added extra with the gospel choir just makes it an all round feel great song!!
on 20 December 2004
I loved X Factor, the amount of talent on that show was phenomenal and I thought all of them deserved to win. Steve, however I believe had the edge over his rivals he has a soulful voice, is a genuinely nice guy and is rather attractive. I bought this single as soon as I could and it is amazing, he takes this classic song and makes it his own with his soul and his passion. The song obviously means a lot to him. I will definitely be buying his album.
on 4 April 2005
Steve is just amazing,he was fab on the X Factor now he has recorded Against all odds and made it his own,bring on the album,what a top guy,buy this single,its great.
on 22 February 2005
Well, what a fantastic soul voice! If you didn't know it was Steve, you would think you were listening to Luther Vandross! Cant wait for the album.
on 19 December 2004
This is a superb rendition of the old Phil Collins classic 'Against All Odds' by the hottest new soul artist in the UK. The X Factor has discovered a true soul star in Steve Brookstein and I'm sure that we will be hearing lots from him in the years to come. This has to be the single of the year for me.