5.0 out of 5 stars Live action Disney genius - but beware!
Published on 6 Jan 2008 by Mr. P. D. Selman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
Not a great film but quite watchable. Didn't get to see it when I was a kid so I was just catching up with my childhood! At under 4 it's good value.
Published on 15 Mar 2012 by Mr. D. Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Live action Disney genius - but beware!, 6 Jan 2008
Mr. P. D. Selman "Paulymorph" (Kent, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
'The Absent-Minded Professor' is possibly the best of all the Disney live action movies from the 1960s and fans of this type of movie will undoubtedly love it. However, this particular release is not in the original cinematic aspect ratio but is rather a badly cropped pan and scan version. In addition to this, the movie is not presented here in its original black and white, but is a fake-looking recolourised version. Not a problem if, like me, you're willing to switch your T.V. to black and white when you watch it, but possibly irritating otherwise.

All in all, this is a great movie, and I love it enough to buy it even in this slightly butchered form when the black and white widescreen version isn't actually available to purchase. The five star rating is for the movie; I can only bring myself to give this particular DVD version (which also has no extras whatsoever) two stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Absent Minded Professor, 9 Jun 2010
Robert Wilson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
Fred McMurray is at his best in this gentle comedy. Much less in your face than Robbin Williams in "Flubber" but all the better for that. It took me back to my own childhood when I went to the cinema to see this with my Dad.

I liked it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Absent-Minded Professor, 31 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
This has the same basic storyline as the latter-day Robin Williams' 'Flubber', but this is just as enjoyable and entertaining. A good fun film for the whole family. Excellent picture and sound quality too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not disney's very best, but fun, 14 Jan 2010
C Richards "Graaf" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
Not a Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang, or Mary Poppins, and won't come out again and again like they do, but good clean fun.

I won't summarise the plot but there are some nice characters, good dialogue, fairly hammy acting the kids'll lap up, a simple plot. All PC and safe for the kids... though not the magic to capture them away from play if they are little or PSP if they are bigger methinks:

Keep this for a loan not the family DVD library

5.0 out of 5 stars comedy, 7 July 2013
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
Disney film that a lot haven't heard of and I am so happy that this seller stocked it for sale. Will recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absent Minded Professor, 26 Nov 2010
Mr. R. Howard (Stockport, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
I watched The Absent Minded Professor at the cinema way back in 1961, at the age of 13, and loved it. I remembered it as being thoroughly entertaining and with some very funny sequences. 49 years later, my second viewing came on this DVD, and I must say that I enjoyed the story and the humour just as much as all those years ago. However, I must add that much of the cinematic aspect of the film has been lost due to the picture having been very badly cropped, with the result being something that looks too much like a made-for-TV movie. This is such a shame, though the colourisation is a compensation of sorts. An excellent film, suitable for all ages, but probably a frustrating watch for anyone who saw it at the cinema.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 15 Mar 2012
Mr. D. Matthews (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Professor, 4 Sep 2011
S. Lord - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
Product was all that it was advertised to be and came well within the time - would use the company again

4.0 out of 5 stars Good family fun, 18 Dec 2010
Richard (Lincoln,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my 8 year old and she loves it.An imaginitive story(for when it was written)although very American.

The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD]
The Absent-Minded Professor [DVD] by Robert Stevenson (DVD - 2005)
3.60