on 6 June 2013
I really like this rug! It is big enough for 2 adults and 2 small children; I use mine for a 2 and a 3 year old. My previous one was difficult to fold to enable me to use the Velcro, but this one seems easier. The carrying handle is of a good quality and there is an extra piece sewn on to the rug which creates the fold around section. The waterproof backing feels as though it is part of the rug, whereas the previous one felt as if it was made from plastic and not attached to the material. I am sure I am not explaining this very well, but the backing on the previous one started to rip and was little more than like a bin liner; the backing on this one seems much more durable.

Although I initially hesitated because of the price I now feel that actually this is really good value and it looks like it will be long lasting, only time will tell. It feels really comfy and stays flat even with small children crawling over it.

I know I have mentioned the handle before, but it is also very comfortable to use.

Don't go for the cheapest option, choose this one!
on 8 November 2014
Best quality car/picnic blanket on the market that I've seen yet. Not widely available though, I've had one for about 6 years and have been looking for another without success until I looked online. Same sort of material as our tent carpet, cosy on the feet first thing in the morning. Great!
on 25 November 2013
I chose this product on the feedback from others about the alternatives - great product - nice and strong and washes well
on 9 July 2009
This is really useful and lightweight not only for a picnic on the grass but great for taking in your suitcase for a beach holiday abroad!
I had a look at lots of picnic blankets here and felt that this seemed to get the best reviews, mostly because of the base. It was a bit smaller than I wanted, as I'd prefer something about 6' to cover my body, but went for this anyway.

I'm pleased to say I'm happy with it. The base material definitely seems more robust than usual, more of a nylony material than the bin bag plastic that seems common. The packed size isn't too bad at all, maybe about 3" thick, but as usual it's an effort to make sure you roll it up correctly. There's no padding whatsoever, but that would only add to the bulk. It's easily big enough for two side by side and the fleece outer is pleasant to the touch.

We'll be taking this on city breaks for lounging in parks and also on beaches, so it'll be money well spent.
on 21 June 2012
Good quality product and a decent size. Slightly more bulky than expected but that was my lack of imagination. The plastic backing seems fairly durable.
on 28 June 2014
Great product. Looks traditional and feels quality. The backing is strong and it is a REALLY good size. Folds up easily and really small. Would say it is worth the ££££
on 7 August 2013
I choose this blanket to go with my Greenfield Collection Super Deluxe Two Person Picnic Backpack Hamper. The blanket is of excellent quality which is easily deployed on a grassy knoll. It is easily folded and attaches to the picnic back. Appears durable but frequent use will test it.
on 10 July 2014
Surprised how good as not expensive. Washes well too. Not thick but ok if put on grass. Easy to pack away and take with you places.
on 21 February 2012
A good high quality product. Have had cheaper alternatives in the past and find that the plastic backings disintegrate and the main surface is usually not that nice. This feels sturdy and pleasant to sit on so definitely worth the extra in my view.