Style Name: Digging-Spade|Change

on 6 July 2015
Bought this spade and fork online and on initial inspection looked good quality until I went to use. Spade buckles under moderate leverage and eventually cracked along its blade width, ended up in the bin after very limited use so for me a waste of money ! Certainly won't buy again !
S&J happy to discuss but your spade product looks good quality but falls at the first hurdle.
on 27 October 2013
A very good and well extremely well balanced digging spade and not too heavy, all matched by an affordable price.
on 29 November 2013
Started winter digging in the allotment with this spade and found it excellent to use. Not as heavy as I expected having read previous reviews. The face slips easily into the soil and hold just about the right amount on it. I love the 2 handle feature which I found suprisingly easy to adjust to - It make the work easier to untertake. Only slight fault is that there is no edge to the top of the blade which could make it uncomfortable for Welly diggers. Not a problem for me since I always wear strong soled safety boots. Yep, would recommend this for those who like to dig a lot, especially for the money
on 8 February 2016
Bought as replacement for old spear and jackson spade (which has lasted 20 years). broke in first season of use. Its welded at the top, not forged and cannot dig anything other than already cultivated soil or compost. Useless.
review image
on 10 June 2014
Very comfortable handle , not too heavy overall, stainless blade stays clean and sharp. Strong shaft and a nice action when in use.
on 12 June 2014
Okay, I can only go on what my husband has said as it was bought for him. His previous spade was a Spear & Jackson and it has lasted over 20 years. This is why we chose the same make again.
As we have a large garden, there is always plenty of digging to do and my husband thinks this is the "bees knees" of spades. If this one lasts as long as its predecessor, then it will be excellent.
Very well made and a very good price.
on 13 July 2014
very strong just what I needed as we moved in a home were the garden was a mess this spade is great when you get you can tell buy the the feel its not a cheap product
on 16 June 2011
Bought this spade as not too heavy and just like they advertise soil would easily slip off the spade when digging. However I do not really recommend it.
On purchase It appears that the flat digging part and lower handle looks as if they are one part but they are not and after only 1 year of gentle use the two parts came apart. I had only used this 10 times to dig the ground to allow my chickens to pick up worms and am now in the process of claiming direct from Neill tools on the 10 year guarentee. Dont really want a direct replacement incase the same happens again, or was I just very unlucky?
I guess you get what you pay for.
on 28 April 2015
Disposing of evidence has never been easier! As a life long mafia member (and part time landscape gardener) you would not believe the amount of to and fro that occurs on a day to day basis! Sure the movies make it sound all glitz and glam but the actual clean up is quite literally murder! That was until the Spear & Jackson Stainless Digging Spade Came along! Now I can dispose of all my unwanted... grass clippings... in a nice biodegradable eco friendly fashion! Before this product me and several of my colleges would be up till the crack of dawn digging holes, disposing of... grass clippings and then filling them back up! Now it's all taken care of in 30 minuets flat. I can now spend so much more time with my lovely wife Karen and it's all because of this wonderful product! The best part is that the stainless steel wipes completely clean even if it's completely covered in blood... from the grass clippings. I love it so much I have bought a second to give to my daughter on the day of her wedding, I say daughter I'm really only her Godfather but I feel like she's part of the family. And at prices like this it's an offer I literally can't refuse! Spear & Jackson your goodfellas!
on 15 January 2016
Had this for a year, and it broke in half, v disappointed especially as I was unable to return and exchange the item. Now I'm having to buy a replacement!