Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 March 2005
Stereophonics have come back after two years with a contemporary and fresh piece of art. This album is a mixture of all emotions and events that have happened for them during the time they have been away.
The album title sums up their aim of the album and our society today. To me it is unlike anything they have done before.
I recommend this to anyone who likes to hear something different to uplift their spirits.
on 29 September 2014
great album, good price
on 6 July 2005
if you love what they've done in the past, and believe that 'just enough education...' was them at there best, then don't buy this. however if you thought 'you've got to go there to come back...' was good you'll love this. dakota and superman are the best things on the album, the rest is just electroish rubbish.
on 21 March 2005
I have to say, I disagree with most people here, I loved JEEP and You Gotta Go There.
While I missed songs like Bartender, or Check My Eyelids For Holes, they were replaced by more mellow genius like Getaway and Since I told you it's over, or rooftop.
This is a happy mixture, and while I was not hugely impressed after my first listen, as I tend to be overly critical with many albums I want to be brilliant, after the second and third listen, I am well impressed!
Definitely worth a look to existing 'phonics fans, and bound to recruit a few more into the bargain!
Can't wait for the next tour! :o)
on 19 March 2005
As a big phonics fan i had this album pre-order for ages and I can say I wasnt disappointed in any way!! Kelly Jone's voice is as husky as ever which works excellently with their new drummer. They seem to have abanded the more commercial way they were heading with JEEP and You Gotta Go There to Come Back.
Theres a good mix of hard rocking tunes like Doorman and more laid back mellow songs like Lolita and Rewind (both great songs which really stand out!)
I would totally reccomend this to fans and if your not a big fan i would suggest it anyway cos the album will grow on you!!!!
on 1 October 2015
Some good tracks
on 19 March 2005
i've eagerly awaited the release of this album and i have to say i certainly wasn't disappointed! if you like the stereophonics when they are rocking you will love this! it's not a cd to chill out to but you can whack up the volume and really enjoy it! Dakota is the best track and Brother is another good one too! highly recommended!
on 22 May 2006
I heard "Dakota" on the radio and I really liked it. I bought the album off the single and it was a mistake. "Lolita" is also a fantastic song, in my opinion, but the rest of the CD is filler.

Nothing really happens, there are no real striking songs, and they all sound the same. Some of this borders hard rock, but it is just run of the mill rock songs written by a computer in Swindon, regardless of what the sleevenotes say.
on 9 September 2014