5.0 out of 5 stars The best format to use for Panasonic DVD recorders
I have used DVD-RW and they are no way as good as these. DVD Ram is easy to use, you can watch the beginning of a program as it records the end and can edit the recording to cut the adverts out really easily. Also housing the discs in a protective case makes them more durable so they last longer.
Published on 20 July 2006 by Amazon Customer

Published on 10 Feb 2007 by E. Woodrow

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best format to use for Panasonic DVD recorders, 20 July 2006
Amazon Customer (Tiverton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic 3x speed, 9.4GB, double sided 3 pack DVD-RAM Disc (Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with the right DVD recorder, not so good otherwise, 26 Jan 2008
Just to confirm what other reviewers have said - these discs come in a cartridge and getting them out is a bit of a pain. I've never actually done it though, because my parents and I both have Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD recorders which we bought in 2003. Machines of that vintage are designed to take these discs, so if you have one, then these discs work really well. Of course if you want to play them on any other machine, you'll need to get them out of the cartridge.

So if you've got the right machine, go ahead - otherwise, get some discs which don't come in a cartridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double sided RAM discs, 4 Aug 2009
The great double sided Panasonic Ram discs at a really good price. Delivery was quick and efficient. We always get 16 hours of recording on these discs, and the quality even on extended play is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Far More Reliable, 16 Dec 2012
M. J. Barry (WELWYN, HERTFORDSHIRE England) - See all my reviews
We have a Panasonic DVD player. I gather that you can only play these cartidge based DVD's on their equipment (tbc?).
However, if that is what you have got you cannot beat these disks. We set them for 'EP' (6 hrs recording) and use them time and again with lots of regular overwriting. Have never failed us, unlike a set of standard SONY disks that the DVD player was constantly failing on ( pity, the only Sony product I have ever had probs with).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Feb 2010
C. Robinson (London) - See all my reviews
the DVD works fine. It is specific to Panasonic recorders. The DVD is protected by an automatic DVD cover when placed into or removed from the recorder. You record on both sides. 3 pack gives 6 sides to record.The Extended record is 8 hours, which acceptable. I use 6 sides on 6 hours each.

Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 6 Jan 2010
Derek Manley "delman" (Derbyshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
I had the right machine and knew what to do with the disks - so they worked fine for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Understand what you require - rating not applicable in my case, 10 Feb 2007
E. Woodrow - See all my reviews
Having recently bought a Panasonic DVD recorder, I recalled an insert advising the best media was Panasonic DVD RAM. Being new to DVD recorders I ordered the above believing they were just discs. Having re-read the manufacturers description onthe site "9.4GB DVD-RAM Double Sided Blank Disc with Caddy - 3 Pack" I still dont think I would have realised these are cartridge type discs. I suspect I would have interpreted the caddy as being a case to store the disc in. "Panasonic 3x speed, 9.4GB, double sided 3 pack DVD-RAM Disc".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent discs, 7 July 2007
D. Baxter "ziggy-star-duck" (England) - See all my reviews
These are great dvd's, unlike other people i found them very easy to remove from their case. they are designed to be either used in the case if you have a compatable dvd recorded or out of it. The cartridge is a great idea to prevent fingerprints or damage to the disk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem OK after initial problems., 27 Nov 2013
Tried to use them in my old Panasonic (pre-digital) recorder but found that they would not work. Took them round to a friend who has a newer combined VCR/DVD recorder from Panasonic and managed to format them. A few required turning the disc fractionally using the centre hole to allow formatting. After that they were Ok to work on my own recorder. Bit frustrating to have such a complication using Panasonic's discs in their own machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DVD-Ram, 19 Aug 2013
The Disks arrived on time!
Was perfect for what we needed them for.
Would purchase them again as we know they would be delivered on time and are of good quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›